Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Broken Hourglass interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: The Broken Hourglass

<a href=http://www.planewalkergames.com/content/view/32/46/>The Broken Hourglass</a> is a promising indie title, inspired by the Baldur's Gate series. We asked Jason Compton <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=135>a few questions</a> about the game:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Augmenting the skills are traits, one-time purchases which enable new attack modes, or make a character better at managing the weight of his or her armor or weapons, or make certain types of attack more or less effective. Traits are point-buy and each has a unique cost, so no two traits are necessarily exactly alike or equivalent. We are presently planning to include negative traits as well, allowing you to "buy" points by taking a permanent hindrance. </blockquote>Negative traits are a great, but often overlooked feature. Definitely include them.
<br>
<br>
<br>

Is that second image not lifted straight out of BG2, it reminds me of the Keep that you can take charge of if you are a fighter/paladin....

Apart from that I like the idea of the negative traits that you can buy to gain more points to spend elsewhere. Thats included in a lot of P&P games like GURPS, overall it sounds very promising.

aries202

Erudite
HI :)

IMHO; this game, Broken Hourglass, really looks
great ;)

I like the traditional (now) focus on the old BG games, both in the game's combat and look.

Nedrah

Erudite
I like those screens. A lot. Also the guy sounds pretty reasonable regarding their possibilities and scope. I've been waiting for a BG2 total conversion with a new story and new npcs etc forever. The only downside I can see is the gameworld consisting of one city only - even though i do understand why they are doing it that way.

Slylandro

Scholar
I also thought the screens looked strangely reminiscent of BG2. This one looks like a portion of Waukeen's Promenade and the ones in VD's interview remind me of the Dock District. Especially considering they're going the RTwP route, I wouldn't be surprised if the influence is direct.

Edit: Should have finished reading the interview first, apparently they openly admit to following Bioware's shoes.

screeg

Arcane
Developer
Fans of turn-based D&D type games should check out our total conversion of Temple of Elemental Evil, Keep on the Borderlands: http://www.co8.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

It's hot.

(Unfortunately, it's not ready for primetime, but the demo is on schedule for bug testing by the end of the year)[/url]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom