Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview ToEE shotgun interview part 2 at RPG Vault

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

<a href="Http://rpgvault.ign.com">RPG Vault</a> has posted their second <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/400/400346p1.html">shotgun interview</a> for <A href="http://www.troikagames.com/toee.htm">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>, asking about PnP modules, as you can see here:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Jonric: If you've been through the Temple of Elemental Evil module, what's your favorite type of character to play? If you haven't, what type do you think you'd most like to play?
<br>
<br>
Sean Craig
<br>
Programmer</b>
<br>
I never got a chance to play Temple of Elemental Evil pen and paper; obviously it's too late now. Usually, if I'm not DMing, I play a wizard; I like having all the options that spells provide. Things make me happy when they explode. That being said, there are a couple of combos I'm eager to try out given the 3rd edition ruleset; I think a female halfling monk would be really cool. The monk's increased movement offsets the halfling movement penalties, and the stacked AC bonuses would make the character really hard to hit. Plus, the bonuses on thrown weapons would apply to shurikens.
<br>
<br>
Halfling barbarian would also be interesting; 37 pounds of raging hatred coming at ya. Half-orc Necromancer? Dwarvish Ranger/ Rogue? Endless choices, really. I'm kinda looking forward to putting some serious stress tests in our D20 engine; what would a female Elvish Fighter/ Wizard / Sorcerer/ Cleric/ Rogue/ Bard/ Barbarian play like? I think I'll name her Eliza...</b></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
The nice things about <i>halflings</i> is you can fit them in to small packages for the trojan horse factor. Nothing like a warehouse full of angry <i>halflings</i> in crates, except maybe a barrel of <i>halflings</i>.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Nagling</b>!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Later on, there are some great locations within the temple, where depending on how you play, you will just hack your way right through, or engage in scheming plots with the denizens
Mmm...scheming plots :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom