Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3D: The TCancer Interview

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Interview ]</strong>

<a href="http://www.mistgames.com/" target="_blank" title="GFI Russia">GFI Russia</a>, the company formerly known as MiST land, spoke to TCancer about <a href="http://www.gfi.su/index1.php?langid=2&idt=98&categ_id=39&men_id=11" target="_blank" title="JA3D">Jagged Alliance 3D</a>, the latest squad-based tactical game in the Jagged Alliance series.<br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=22">Jagged Alliance 3D: The TCancer Interview</a>

Jason

chasing a bee
Here's an important addendum to the interview:

STRATEGY FIRST TERMINATES THEIR AGGREMENT WITH GAME FACTORY INTERCATIVE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF JAGGED ALLIANCE GAMES.

Montreal, Canada. September 1st, 2006. -- Software publisher Strategy First, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SSTR) announced today that their Agreements with Game Factory Interactive relative to the development, publishing and distribution of the titles “Jagged Alliance 3” and “Jagged Alliance 3D” have been terminated. Game Factory Interactive will therefore not have any right to publish, distribute, license nor to develop any Jagged Alliance title or derivative products for any platform.

Strategy First is confident that it will access additional development resources so that the new addition to the Jagged Alliance franchise will not only equal but surpass its predecessors in scope and play value.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
YES! YES YES YES YES! Best news about the game in a long while. Any dev is better than Mistland/GFI. Let's hope Nival or some such can pick it up. Mmmm...

mathboy

Liturgist
What? They do an interview with you and Strategy First doesn't like it and fires them?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Hah, Holy Shit!
So what happens to the game then (which I imagine is pretty much finished)? I guess they just rename it to some thing non-JA and release it anyways?

Is it just my imagination or does that interviewee come across as rather...um...unenthusiastic?

Jason

chasing a bee
I emailed GFI and Strategy First to see if either could clarify the situation in regards to JA3D. I'll let you know if they're willing or able to say anything.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
what happens after this? Can SFI still use the game and find another developer or is the whole thing canceled and they will have to rebuild it from scratch? SFI and mistland didn't have a good relationship from what you hear in the news anyways. I can't help but find this entertaining and funneh, it suits those bitches at mistland to try and make JA real time.

Jason

chasing a bee
At one point, JA3D was going to be real-time. Everyone made a big stink about it and SFI had them change to turn-based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom