Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ToEE box art and possible release date

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

<A href="http://www.gamestop.com/">GameStop</a> has posted <a href="http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645273">their BUY ME page</a> for <A href="http://www.troikagames.com/toee.htm">Temple of Elemental Evil</a> which includes the box art and a possible release date for the game, <b>September 2nd</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>On the outskirts of the village of Nulb, a temple dedicated to elemental evil lies in ruins. Destroyed by the good armies and the infamous Circle of Eight, its blood-stained history remains a distant memory - until now. Suspicious men have begun roaming the roads leading to the villages. Who and what these men are, no one can be sure. All claim to be slaying monsters and bringing peace and security to the area but rumors persist regarding their true intent. In this land, deeds speak louder than words and lies cloak the true purposes of the malevolent. So begins the classic Dungeons & Dragons module, The Temple of Elemental Evil, brought to the PC for the first time by Troika Games. Assemble a party of up to five adventurers and embark upon an epic journey like no other. Immerse yourself in gripping gameplay featuring the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition Rule Set. Prepare to enter the very heart of evil itself!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Got to love that name.. <b>Nulb</b>. If I had a daughter, I'd name her that.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Jessie Beall</b> of <a href="http://www.eye-on-troika.net">Eye on Troika</a> for passing this along.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

9/2 sounds like a good estimate release date. The boxart looks decent, i still don't like how Infogamers puts their Atari label on games to somehow attract the hardcore.

Araanor

Liturgist
Yeah, they are just trying to re-create the brand. IMHO they'd be better off making their own brand. Any meaning Atari carries to PC games will be due to what they can inject into it.

Section8

Cipher
I like that box art. It reminds me of some of the artwork on the Gold Box series. For whatever reason it just seems kind of old sk00l. Big ups for Tim and the gang.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Wow. It's definitely on theme with the Gold Box games and D&D book (campaigns, novels, etc) covers that always managed to capture my heart. Kudos to the guys who designed it!

Mistress

Liturgist
Section8 said:
I like that box art. It reminds me of some of the artwork on the Gold Box series. For whatever reason it just seems kind of old sk00l. Big ups for Tim and the gang.

Definitely.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yeah, it is a great box art especially comparing to Lionheart's box and it definitely has a feel of the Gold Box series. Troika rulez :D

triCritical

Erudite
Azael said:
Well, ToEE is a hack'n'slash module, isn't it?

I agree. You are fooling yourself if you do not believe there is going to be quite a bit of hacking and slashing. DnD is a combat oriented system, and for a party based game you can expect a lot of combat. I am sure there will be plenty of options to use dialogue and skills to avoid encounters. But with the TB combat, if done well, I will be most certainly looking foward to some hack and slash combat.

BTW, Arcanum had quite a bit combat that at least for my characters even the diplomatic ones seemed unavoidable. Given I had NPC's that took care of the blunt of it, but it was combat heavy, nevertheless.

Spazmo

Erudite
September? Darn. I was hoping to play this to death over the summer. Oh, well, I guess Lionheart will provide.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think the GOLD BOX vibe is what they were shooting for because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that box art, that it looks very similar to the old SSI gold box games in terms of the title graphic, borders and artwork. It's definitely good they went with that style, though, since it should remind old schoolers why they should get this title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom