Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview ToEE interview over at Sorceror's Place

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Tim Cain; Troika Games

There's an <A href="http://www.sorcerers.net/Articles/toee_interview.htm">interview</a> with <b>Tim Cain</b> of <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> about <A href="http://www.troikagames.com/toee.htm">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. Here's a fun part:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>SP: Is the game going to be very linear?
<br>
<br>
Tim Cain:</b> I don't think so, but of course we don't prevent the player characters from taking the obvious main path though the module. My guess is that during the first game, people will stick fairly close to the main story arc. On subsequent games, and especially with different party alignments, I expect people will experiment more and discover that they don't always have to go the same way through the game.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So, it's linear? No more chocolate for you, <b>Tim</b>! Only <i>pain</i>!
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Steve</b> of <i>Project Phoenix</i> for the word.

Spazmo

Erudite
Nah, there's just one obvious way through, which is no doubt the goody-two shoes hack-n-slash method.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, I just had to find an excuse to turn Tim's No more doughnuts, only pain! quote around on him.

I really hope there's not just one plot line that leads to GREAT AND FINAL VICTORY though. Arcanum did that, and I prefer Fallout's method with multiple end locations and no set path to get there, just evidence of what's going on sprinkled around the game world, pointing the way.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, I just had to find an excuse to turn Tim's No more doughnuts, only pain! quote around on him.

I really hope there's not just one plot line that leads to GREAT AND FINAL VICTORY though. Arcanum did that

Yeah someones gonna get smacked with some fish if thats the case :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom