Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Lionheart Ph4t L3wt #4 posted

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Our good buddies over at <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/">RPGDot</a> have posted the <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=548">forth article on the ph4t l3wt</a> you can find in <A href="Http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>. Here's one of the ph4t l3wts:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Sacred Lance</b>
<br>
Touching this lance immediately fills the mind with images of suffering and penance, erasing all doubt that this is the artifact originally used to spear Christ when he was on the Cross. While the lance has the texture of wood, it has the resonance of steel. Whoever carries its weight obtains 5 to their Armor Class, 5 skill points in the Divine Protective Branch, 1 to their critical chance and 1 to their Fortune. An unseen force prohibits it from being used as a weapon.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Now that's what I'm talking about with the holy relics and lore stuff! Yay!
<br>

jvn3t

Novice
"erasing all doubt that this is the artifact originally used to spear Christ"

Heh...these guys are fucking metal.

Psilon

Erudite
Didn't the Nazis stash that in Castle Wolfenstein? It wasn't the Sacred Lance, though, it was the (cue reverb) Spear of Destiny! I dunno, guys, competing directly with Id Software might be a bad marketing move... :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Psilon said:
Didn't the Nazis stash that in Castle Wolfenstein? It wasn't the Sacred Lance, though, it was the (cue reverb) Spear of Destiny! I dunno, guys, competing directly with Id Software might be a bad marketing move... :D

Fun link: Saint Longinus's Lance

I'm kind of amazed they didn't actually use the name of the thing in the title of it. However, given the idea the game revolves around, it's damned cool that holy relics are in the game.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DrattedTin said:
What I don't like is how... well... WEAK the artifacts sound.

Yeah, you'd think something like St. Longinus's Lance would be a bit more.. uber.. given what it is. You're talking about a relic that would be somewhat on par to the power of the Holy Grail, really.

Christ just drank from the Grail. His blood is on that lance. You be the judge on which would contain more power.

Rayt

Liturgist
The fact that you can't use it as a weapon because of Jesus' believes in love and peace and such (or so I think) is in my opinion incredibly cool. They could have gone for insane attack bonuses and enormous strength, charsima and what not enhancers, but they didn't.

Restecpa.

Psilon

Erudite
Or it could just be a verrry plausible excuse for having something weapon-shaped that isn't a weapon and yet isn't a pile of debris. If so, more credit to them.

Perhaps you haven't been declared the Chosen One so you don't get the massive stat bonuses.

Eric Dallaire

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
Psilon said:

Fun link: Saint Longinus's Lance

I'm kind of amazed they didn't actually use the name of the thing in the title of it. However, given the idea the game revolves around, it's damned cool that holy relics are in the game.

It has multiple names. The Sacred Lance. The Lance of Longinus (Longinus, I believe was the Roman soldier that pierced Jesus). The Spear of Destiny. It was used in a Wolfenstein expanision, but you can't really trademark the bible and public domain concepts. As for the name, I liked Sacred Lance. *shurgs*

I wouldn't say the item is weak, but its certainly not uber. Its true power isn't in its stats, but it is vital to the story.

If I recall correctly, the true remaining Lance is supposed to be the size of a large splinter, as pieces of it were removed by those wanting their very own relic.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Eric Dallaire said:
I'm surprised they sainted the centurion who killed Chirst.

He was sainted, IIRC, because the blood of Christ spilled on him and healed his vision. Afterwards, he became a Christian monk, followed the remaining apostles, and was eventually captured and tortured to death.

There's also question as to whether or not his name was Longinus, but was given that name because it was a reference to the assassination of Caesar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom