Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sword Of The Stars - The TCancer Interview

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
<strong>[ Interview ]</strong>

Tacticular Cancer had a chance to ask <a href="http://www.kerberos-productions.com/sots.shtml" target="_self" title="Kerberos Productions">Kerberos Productions</a> about their upcoming 4X space strategy game, Sword of the Stars. Martin Cirulis, CEO/Lead Designer, was nice enough to answer our questions.
<br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=8">Sword Of The Stars - The TCancer Interview</a>

Llyranor

Liturgist
5-min battles? I just hope the tactical battles don't turn out to be the twitch fest that plagues conventional RTS games.

In any case, I'm probably looking forward to Sins of a Solar Empire more.

Tssha

Novice
Considering that your ships will have to fight inertia in order to move, giving constant movement orders to your ships will be rather counterproductive as your ships will have to fight the momentum they've already built up to follow your new move order.

Your ships will autofire on ships that are in range unless you tell it not to, if you don't tell it to hold its fire it will focus most of its weapons on the target but will fire on targets of opportunity if a turret doesn't have a line of sight on the target.

A lot can happen in 4 minutes, and battles that are not won by that time will have to be continued in the next strategic round. Massive fleet actions or planet sieges can take a few strategic turns. And don't tell a Hiver player that 4 minutes is short; when they're protecting their gate they have no reinforcements. If they don't last 4 minutes their attack is over before it's begun.

EDIT: Excuse me, the number for 4 minutes is correct (was previously 5, now it's 4, shows how in the loop I am :? ).

Llyranor

Liturgist
Tssha said:
Considering that your ships will have to fight inertia in order to move, giving constant movement orders to your ships will be rather counterproductive as your ships will have to fight the momentum they've already built up to follow your new move order.

Your ships will autofire on ships that are in range unless you tell it not to, if you don't tell it to hold its fire it will focus most of its weapons on the target but will fire on targets of opportunity if a turret doesn't have a line of sight on the target.

A lot can happen in 4 minutes, and battles that are not won by that time will have to be continued in the next strategic round. Massive fleet actions or planet sieges can take a few strategic turns. And don't tell a Hiver player that 4 minutes is short; when they're protecting their gate they have no reinforcements. If they don't last 4 minutes their attack is over before it's begun.

EDIT: Excuse me, the number for 4 minutes is correct (was previously 5, now it's 4, shows how in the loop I am :? ).
Hmm, sounds promising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom