Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Anito Interview

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Anino Entertainment; Anito: Defend a Land Enraged

An interview with Anito Entertainment<a>'s Niel Dagondon about their upcoming and first CRPG, [url=http://www.aninoentertainment.com/anito.html]Anito!

4.) How is character creation handled? What types of options are given to the player upon creation?

Character creation in Anito is fairly simple - you simply allocate 7 available statistical points between the four primary attributes (strength, agility, health, energy). This will affect the player's statistics (increasing strength will increase damage, for example), and therefore the way he/she approaches the game. Choosing between the male and female characters in Anito will have a very big effect, unlike in other games where this is mostly a cosmetic decision - the male and female characters have different storylines, different interaction with the people they meet in Maroka, and will have different quests. In a way, you are getting two complete games in one package - Maya's story, and Agila's story.​

It's easier than falling off a log!

Rosh

Erudite
Kind of like Starr Ocean 2 as far as the story, I suppose. Kind of a shame it isn't more open-ended for playing styles, else it kind of feels like a near console game waiting to happen.

I dio wish them luck, and hope they can at least give a kick for the industry there. Despite my opinion of the country and some parts of the culture, I do have friends there and do wish it can become much better. Though I do have some reservations about the game as well, I do hope this could be the step in the right direction and can indeed be as the saying goes, a diamond in the rough.

I'd also suggest they clarify a few things in their FAQ, as "console-style combat" or whatever isn't too descriptive at all. There's literally dozens of console fighting styles.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Rosh said:
I'd also suggest they clarify a few things in their FAQ, as "console-style combat" or whatever isn't too descriptive at all. There's literally dozens of console fighting styles.

Judging by the reply to my question about combat in the game, it sounds like it's going to be rather arcadish real time, with combos and things of that nature. If that's the case, it strikes me as rather peculiar that they'd say what they did about not having an Intelligence attribute since the game will rely on the player's intelligence, but they have a Dexterity attribute, even though the combat will rely on the player's dexterity.

Rosh

Erudite
Aye, that occured to me, too. I suppose it's just for something like ready time or how fast your swings are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom