Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #46: Console Release, New Features

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bandai Namco Entertainment; Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Last week, Larian made the not-so-surprising announcement that Divinity: Original Sin 2 was being ported to consoles. The console version will be published by Bandai Namco and is scheduled for release this August. We don't care much about console releases here, but today's Kickstarter update introducing some of its new features is interesting enough to post about. Swen Vincke can tell you more about them in the video he shot at PAX East this weekend, or you can just read the summary:

We’ve been hard at work and are delighted we can finally announce our big news:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One in August this year!

We’re partnering with Bandai Namco Entertainment, the same folks who brought us legendary titles like Pacman, Soul Calibur, and Dark Souls. We’re excited to be working with them, and they'll be working tirelessly to get copies of Divinity: Original Sin 2 to all four corners of Rivel-... um, Earth!

Journal

Your feedback has always been invaluable to us, and we’re still listening! Its safe to say that your number one request in Divinity: Original Sin 2 was for a better journal, so we’ve been hard at work on just that. Our new and improved journal still won't hold you by the hand, but it will be a more direct and useful tool.
  • We’ve shortened the text to make it clear what you are supposed to do.
  • We’ve split multiple paths within the same quest into subdivisions.
  • When the journal gives you map markers, you can now jump straight from that journal entry to the specific marker on the map screen.
Inventory

The second biggest request we’ve received is for better inventory management. While we began by looking for ways to tweak the system, we ultimately decided the best idea was to redo it from the ground up.

You’ll soon be able to see your whole party's inventory at-a-glance, and we’ve also added multi-selecting. This will make it easier to bulk-select items to add to your wares or hand over to your teammates.

I assume these new user interfaces will be added to the PC version as well, at least for gamepad input. It sounds like will be more changes to announce soon, with Swen already teasing new content in an interview at Gamereactor. Maybe we're getting a slightly enhanced edition after all.

Mustawd

Waiting on their upcoming announcement of the rpgcodex goty edition. You know...like with D:OS?

Lmao, no j/k they don’t need us anymore.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I know why Swen Vickle talks and moves like that : he is subjected to electric shocks every time a player use an air elemental spêll somewhere in the world. Every 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Fortunately I found a version of D:OS classic, only took a few hours of google searching before I didn't get another fucking decline edition link. I already gave Swen his money in 2014 for the game and I hold by that decision, but everything that came after was a letdown. Replaying classic right now and it's still as enjoyable as I remembered.

Aah! the Journal. I don't get it.
- It doesn't hold you by the hand.
- It instantly shows a marker... so you go and walk in that direction.

Can anyone explain, i must be missing something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom