Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tags: GOTY 2017

It's that time of the year again!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY is now open! This year we have over 80 entries, divided into three categories: RPG of the Year, Best Expansion and Best PC Port/Remaster.

VOTE HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/2SF7Zs0qapA6Fx4s1

Has Larian truly delivered with Divinity: Original Sin 2?
Has Piranha Bytes redeemed itself with ELEX?
What's the verdict on Torment: Tides of Numenera?
Was Mass Effect: Andromeda really that bad?
Was Grimoire worth the 20-year wait?
Does the Codex enjoy robot waifus?

We'll soon find out!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
What is being done to counter the fact that more niche games are played by fewer people, but they are played by people who enjoy that type of game and will be likely to rate them higher?
The same thing I've done in the past: Bayesian Average.

Also, graphs like this:

15465.jpg

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh some great memories flooding back from a year ago just around this time when there was that voting list of games so here we are again in a new year with new games to vote on! But this year for me I only played one of the games on the new list and I voted honestly on what I thought of it but good luck to all other entries and a big thanks to felipepepe for working so hard on the list and making it possible. :hug:

Still love seeing that old chart with Pillars up on top! Here is to the new crown for 2017!
xBh1PWa.jpg

Thanks,
Sherry

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh,it is shit,won't waste 30 minutes only to say that ELEX is goty. Pointless rating on games i don't care,couldn't just made it a thread poll with only one or three choices?! Also it is not exclusive prestigious codex club,any retarded fag can vote there. Meh back to polishing my rod!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mankind Devided, Dungeon Rats, Dishonored 2, Tyranny, Stardew Valley? That lineup absolutely shits over 2017 and I'm probably missing something.

Not interested in any of those except Tyranny, but only to compare/contrast it with Tides of Numenera. Most folks here weren't interested in any of 'em.

2017 had the trinity of ELEX!, Grimoire, and D:OS2. Lot of people loved those as can be seen in the old-fashioned poll.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

2017 had the trinity of ELEX!, Grimoire, and D:OS2. Lot of people loved those as can be seen in the old-fashioned poll.

Turn-based diablo, Cleve's brainfart with pixels so big they poke your eyes out and Piranha's latest masterpiece, the same as their last 5 previous masterpieces and sucking for exactly the same reason. I think I had more hours in Andromeda than in all of these 3 combined, and I gave up on Andromeda about 3 hours in.

:betrayed:

Septaryeth

Augur
I remember the year when Shadowrun: Dragonfall was released there was this really entertaining read comparing the votes between Codexers and several writers.
Can't find other posts like it. Was that the only year it's done?

Rev

Arcane
Geez, I only played like 4 of these. Absolutely nothing on the 2nd or 3rd pages. Am I a bad person?
Yeah, pretty much the same for me as well. I played and voted just like 5 or 6 games in the first page, and then nothing on the next ones.
Hopefully next year will be better.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Geez, I only played like 4 of these. Absolutely nothing on the 2nd or 3rd pages. Am I a bad person?
Yeah, pretty much the same for me as well. I played and voted just like 5 or 6 games in the first page, and then nothing on the next ones.
Hopefully next year will be better.

Same here. I feel kinda bad. I couldn't bring myself to pick up many new games this year. I played a lot of DS3. A LOT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom