Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Demons Age has apparently been released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bigmoon Entertainment; Demons Age

The last time we posted about Demons Age, Bigmoon Entertainment's strange repurposing of the long-lost Chaos Chronicles, we had just learned that the game was scheduled to come out on June 30th. To the surprise of few, that date went by and no game materialized, with no explanation from Bigmoon even though one of their developers had been posting in our forums only days earlier. The game was delayed to July, and then to September, and then it completely fell off our radar. Until last week, when a Steam page for it suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The page announced that Demons Age was going to be released on December 8th - so naturally it was released today, a day earlier. Have I mentioned that they're still using the trailer that announced it going to be out in June? God this is so weird. Here's the game's description:

DEMONS AGE is a brand new title that brings together the characteristics of a classic turn-based roleplaying game with modern graphics and a gripping atmosphere.

Players will dive into the world of Moragon, which is being overrun by Demons after a period of relative quiet. It is up to them to travel the land and discover the relation between the Demon uprising and a mysterious sect that is trying to reawaken the mythical Lord of Darkness, Vazuhr.

Select one of 16 convicts from different races and classes, and experience a thrilling adventure in which you must hire like-minded adventurers to form a party, explore mysterious ruins and fight against ancient evil forces, in a classic turn-based combat style.
Discover or buy new and better equipment to prepare yourself and your party to battle the arduous combats that you will face in the dangerous land of Moragon.

But beware. Danger may be closer than you think since one wrong decision while choosing a fellow adventurer may turn allies into enemies.
There are already several gameplay videos of Demons Age available on YouTube. As the above description suggests, the game has not received the proper character creation that some of our users had asked for, despite the extra time afforded by its postponement. In fact, it's unclear whether it's changed at all over the past year. No doubt there's an amusing development story here that will probably never be told, much like with the already forgotten Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates. Thus ends the bizarre saga of Chaos Chronicles, not with a bang but with a "WTF?".

Sinatar

Arbiter
From what the few brave souls that tried it are saying in the steam forums, sounds like a big miss. No character creation, no control over your abilities when you level, and just lots of terrible UI and control issues.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
There's one review on steam and it's not encouraging.

- No character creation. Pick one of 16. Can't name them either.
- On level up you get no options to pick anything. It auto assigns whatever new stuff you get. And for my rogue going from level 2 to 3 he got some hp and nothing else changed.
- Level 5 wizard has all his damage spells doing 1d3 or 1d4 while melee fighter is doing 2x to 5x that damage with a swing of his sword.
- Enemies in combat drop no loot. Loot is found in barrels and chests.
- No combat speed options or camera panning.
- No tooltips on character stats.

Kaivokz

Arcane

- On level up you get no options to pick anything. It auto assigns whatever new stuff you get. And for my rogue going from level 2 to 3 he got some hp and nothing else changed.
- Level 5 wizard has all his damage spells doing 1d3 or 1d4 while melee fighter is doing 2x to 5x that damage with a swing of his sword.

Sounds like a real gem.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Did Bethesda fund this game?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

I'd love to know what changed from the final build of Chaos Chronicles. Did Bigmoon just rip out things that weren't finished and replace them with placeholders?

Edit: I'd love Hobgoblin42 to post a review, but that might be a bit cruel.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'd love to know what changed from the final build of Chaos Chronicles. Did Bigmoon just rip out things that weren't finished and replace them with placeholders?

Edit: I'd love Hobgoblin42 to post a review, but that might be a bit cruel.

Since they are pretty much building the game off the unfinished Chaos Chronicles, which was to feature full party creation, that screen should already have been there, shouldn't it?

Bigmoon received the assets/source (via bitComposer) dated from autumn 2012, so many features weren't completed in that version at this time. The majority of the development took place after October 2012 and lasted until August 2013 (character creation included).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well Fluent was claiming that from playing an Alpha version which was stupid as Alpha versions are broken and unfinished. I bet he didn't try the "finished" version. But if they didn't fix much between those versions and I got a feeling they didn't I can agree with him.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From what I seen those damage numbers are because spells autohit and there is no cast per day mechanic. You can just spam spells in every combat. Still not balanced well..

Deleted Member 16721

100% of the 4 reviews are negative so far. Another great achievement for the RPG aimed at non RPG player subgenre.

Borderline Scam - Fluent.

Holy shit, a game Fluent doesn't like. Donate to his Patreon.

I'm glad he paid money for it though. Atleast something good came from this.
He didn't. He got a review copy for free.

Guess the joke's on you, Jrpgfan. :positive:

If it's any consolation, I can't get the hour of my life back that I spent playing it. :negative:

I've revised my review from BORDERLINE SCAM to SCAM.

That said, I strongly urge any of my fuckwit detractors in this thread to not believe me and buy it for themselves. Go on now, do it.

And make sure you spend more than 2 hours trying the game. Wouldn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, after all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was going to say that with this turd released there's no chance CC could ever be (properly) resurrected, but who knows. Who owns the rights now anyway? Didn't bitComposer go bankrupt?
HobGoblin42

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom