Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #41: Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation #4

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Josh Sawyer; Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Obsidian have published the fourth installment in their series of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig updates showcasing various features of the game that Josh Sawyer has posted about on his social media feeds. The highlight of this episode is the introduction of Deadfire's four "sidekick" companions - Konstanten, Ydwin, Rekke and Fessina. The first and last of these have apparently replaced Bonteru and Radora from the original sidekicks stretch goal. Another cool feature demonstrated in the video is the game's simulationist injury mechanic, where you suffer different injuries depending on the attack that knocked you out. Watch the whole thing here. As usual, Katrina Garsten narrates:

The text part of the update has some details about a couple of Deadfire's backer rewards, but I'll let you read that for yourself. One thing you should definitely check out is this DLC survey that Obsidian have been running for the past two weeks. I imagine it's going to help determine what sort of DLC the game is going to get. The next update will have details about the long-awaited backer beta, so stay tuned.

Ruzen

Savant
It would add more depth/challenge to injury system If you somehow finish a quest while maintaining a full injury cap, you get scars which may lead to bonus rewards or charisma/resistance bonuses.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Interesting. Katrina looks much fatter than in the first video I saw her. She is also a bit sad and stressed. Maybe got pregnant with balance-man? That could explain her glowing skin.

Quillon

Arcane
Katrina looks much fatter than in the first video I saw her

Which was Road to Eternity? After that she got married apparently, had a fruit baby which she called son but then she chopped it up & ate it prolly. There are pics on the interwebz if you doubt it; it was all red and juicy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah almondblight is right, albeit it wasn't in the first game's original release. What's really new is the UI they built for it.

Ruzen

Savant
In every update, I hope for more info about camping and adventure supplies but .. :negative:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation (TM) is the cringest garbage ever.

Basically, this talentless bunch have nothing smart to say, so they post all kinds of useless material on twitter as to attract low-standard hipsters. "Oh look, our flails have physics!". "Hey look, ogres in PoE drink alcohol! Isn't that cool folks?" or "Look! Your pets will hop around when outside of combat!". Little useless factoids which never mattered in true RPG gameplay. Also, in each of these videos they spend around 5 minutes literally talking about explosions. They seem to have given up on fixing crappy core systems of the first game and are focused entirely on eye-candy as their main selling point.

Last edited:

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah almondblight is right, albeit it wasn't in the first game's original release.

It served as a pretty good incentive to keep your party members from getting knocked out. I keep getting surprised by how different (and better) PoE is now than it was on release.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation (TM) is the cringest garbage ever.

Basically, this talentless bunch have nothing smart to say, so they post all kinds of useless material on twitter as to attract low-standard hipsters. "Oh look, our flails have physics!". "Hey look, ogres in PoE drink alcohol! Isn't that cool folks?" or "Look! Your pets will hop around when outside of combat!". Little useless factoids which never mattered in true RPG gameplay. Also, in each of these videos they spend around 5 minutes literally talking about explosions. They seem to have given up on fixing crappy core systems of the first game and are focused entirely on eye-candy as their main selling point.
Somehow I have a hunch that jumping parrot will attract more sales then improved core. They know their audience well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom