Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Hilarious Oblivion/Fallout 3 audio interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Here is another trendy audio interview, featuring <b>Pete Hines</b>, aka The Smooth Talker:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Gaming Steve</b>: Let's get to a few other quick things that Bethesda is working on. Because you guys are doing two of the greatest licenses of all time. Fallout 3, which I know everyone is so excited about.
<br>
<b>Pete Hines</b>: As are we.
<br>
<b>GS</b>: Anything we're going to see? Are we going to see something at E3 maybe?
<br>
<b>PH</b>: Nope.
<br>
<b>GS</b>: Nope?
<br>
<b>PH</b>: Nope.
<br>
<b>GS</b>: Nothing...?
<br>
<b>PH</b>: Mum's the word for a while. We don't believe in...y'know, if we had our choice we probably wouldn't have said anything about it yet. You know, much like Oblivion were we didn't...y'know, we had been working on it for quite a while before we ever said "hey, here's what we're doing and here's some screenshots." like this with a game of psych, y'know, here's...So, y'know, we're treating Fallout with the same sort of...with the same sort of approach that, y'know, this is our franchise and we're acting as if, y'know, we made the first two games, like this is, y'know, we spend a certain amount of time, we spent a lot of effort in pre-production and in making sure we know how systems work and we're not in a hurry to just quick get this game out the door, like, it needs the appropriate amount of time and attention and once we get it to a point where we have some things we could show and show folks what we're up to, we'll certainly let everybody know, but that time is not now.</blockquote>Spending time making sure you know how the systems work? Uhm, ok, just make sure you also spend time, y'know, like, making sure you don't fuck up the game's world.*
<br>
<br>
<br>
*Shamelessly stolen from <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/>NMA</a>
<br>

FrancoTAU

Cipher
This is probably in their best interest. They shouldn't mention shit about this game till a couple months before release. Fallout 3 will have the worst buzz going into a release if Betheseda straight up tells us how it will be First Person Real Time and be dumbed down with Wiki Dialogue, Quest Compasses, etc.

A couple months of people shitting on their baby > 2 years of people constantly shitting on their game. As shitty as Oblivion has sounded, they at least have a huge amount of fanboys who'll defend it no matter what. OTOH, Fallout fanboys will be the ones leading the attack in this case.

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
the only funny thing i found in that interview was near the end when he goes (roughly) "elder scrolls is where we live. we birthed it, it's our baby, we aren't gonna abandon it after 4 games errr 5". and...ye

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vault Dweller said:
*Shamelessly stolen from <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/>NMA</a>

Oy!

That was a bitch to transcribe, what with bursting into a fit of laughter every other sentence.

You forgot to link to the interview, though, people might think it is the New Gaming Radio interview (now also transcribed on NMA, though less literally as I couldn't bear the thought of doing that again)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well, I'm looking forward to it. I don't have a dog in the Oblivion fight, really, since I never planned on buying it. Fallout 3 is probably going to give me an aneurysm.

Gwendo

Augur
Well, y'know, at least they're spending somw time to understand the system. Since they won't understand it in time for the e3, they might consider to, y'know, like dumb it down a little to make it easier to understand.

rpgmaniac

Novice
Oh please its called "we have no friggin clue what we're going to do with it yet SHIT we only JUST found the 1st other vault in FO! Give us a chance to see some more of its beauty before we rape it!"

And whats with all the avoiding words? Did he hit his head and loose all his vocabulary? CHRIST if this was my main PR guy i'd seriously reconsider even having PR.

LOL i loved the "its not martial arts its hand to hand just because"...just because what? JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A WEAPON? JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
They're probably going to wait for the RPG Codex, NMA and other sites like it to shut down, and for everyone to forget what Fallout was ever like before they start work on Fallout 3. Expect it sometime Summer, 2009.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
They're probably going to wait for the RPG Codex, NMA and other sites like it to shut down, and for everyone to forget what Fallout was ever like before they start work on Fallout 3. Expect it sometime Summer, 2009.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy

www.hellgateguru.com / www.supremecommanderhq.com / www.covguru.com (new!)

Seven

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:

I thought you were optimistic about Beth & FO3?

Chefe

Erudite
Fuck Pete Hines. Fuck him up his stupid ass. If I ever met that shiteating cocksucker in real life, I would rip his fucking throat out with a rusty fork and feast on his eyeballs.

If I ever met him in fake life, I would ask him nicely to stop. But thank god we don't live in that shitty ass fake life, so I can still go hannibal lecter on his stupid fucking ass.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Seven said:
Sol Invictus said:

I thought you were optimistic about Beth & FO3?

FLIP FLOP

Stella Brando

Arcane

Crnobog

Liturgist

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
A girl died in 1933 by a homicidal murderer. He buried her in the ground when she was still alive. The murdered chanted, "Toma sota balcu" as he buried her. Now that you have read the chant, you will meet this little girl. In the middle of the night she will be on your ceiling. She will suffocate you like she was suffocated. If you post this, she will not bother you. Your kindness will be rewarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom