Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Rats Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dungeon Rats; Iron Tower Studios

Iron Tower have released Dungeon Rats, their party-based dungeon crawler set in the world of The Age of Decadence. You've read the FAQ, you've seen the trailer, so there's nothing left to do but quote the game's store page description:

Dungeon Rats is a turn-based, party-based RPG set in the Age of Decadence world and focused on squad level tactical combat. If fighting your way out of a prison mine - and frequently dying in the attempt - is your idea of a good time, you've come to the right place.

Starting out as a new prisoner at the bottom of the gangs-ruled prison hierarchy, and of the prison itself, you must fight to survive and develop your combat skills, acquiring better weapons and equipment as you go. Recruit allies to your struggle or carry on as a lone wolf, and kill anyone foolish enough to stand in your way.

Features include:

• Tactical combat system, including standard attacks, aimed attacks targeting specific body parts, and per-weapon special attacks such as Whirlwind and Impale.
  • Detailed crafting and alchemy systems: forge your own weapons, brew potions and poisons, experiment with Liquid Fire and Black Powder.
  • 8 weapon types: Daggers, Swords, Axes, Hammers, Spears, Bows, Crossbows, and Throwing Weapons, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
  • Fully customizable main character, as well as 10 possible companions, not all of them human (maximum party size is 4).
  • 50 challenging fights and 4 different endings
Notable changes from The Age of Decadence:
  • Party-based - the most frequently requested feature.
  • Flanking and other strategic bonuses. Positioning matters a lot.
  • Manual placement of your characters before a fight.
  • Charisma determines the number and quality of your party members.
  • Skill points are split between the party members: more people means fewer skills points per person and slower level ups.
  • New weapons, armor, and creatures.
  • 3 difficulty levels: Nice Guy, Tough Bastard, Murderous Psychopath
Dungeon Rats is available for the low price of $9 on Steam and GOG, with a 10% launch discount until next week. Buy it now and give it a good review.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rev

Arcane
Already bought, now downloading. Can't wait to die horribly a lot of times play the game. :obviously:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Done with couple fights from the start.
Looking good.

Though what it is with character creation UI having elements for portrait choosing with only one possible face per gender?

Cadmus

Arcane
Elhoim is the GoG version now balanced regarding Goral's complaints or is it the same one he played? Is there gonna be a quick patch now or can I start playing?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Elhoim is the GoG version now balanced regarding Goral's complaints or is it the same one he played? Is there gonna be a quick patch now or can I start playing?
Start playing. Both Steam and GOG builds were uploaded last night (i.e. it's not a two day old build).

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So far it's really great. Everything I loved in AoD's combat system, minus everything I disliked about it (sorry about that, devs). I hope everyone will take the game for what it is, some kind of hardcore tactical game, and that no idiots will give it negative reviews due to the lack of dialogs for example.
Also, I was expecting something very linear (and it wouldn't have been wrong) and yet it looks like there are a lot of paths and opportunities to branch from the main storyline when the player wants to fight some more. Really excited to finish this, so thank you Iron Tower!

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Vince, congrats on the release! I got the game too but unsure when I will have a moment to play. The combat in AoD was rather unforgiving and made me come to conclusion that I am not as hardcore a player I liked to think :) But anyway, glad to see another game from you and tons of luck and sales!

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm really enjoying it too, but the UI is a bit rough. I wish when you lacked a required crafting material to fix something, you could get the name of the material somehow. Instead we just get an image.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
any way to rebind moving onto the left mouse button, doing it with the right is irritating

Cadmus

Arcane
Uh-oh. Can somebody tell me how do I open my Journal? Or I need to remember what the quest givers tell me? I killed the first boss easily but now I struggling with the horde that attacks you afterwards.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Funny I was playing Gorky 17 last night and now downloading this. I wonder if Gorky is worth it.
Congrats VaultD.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Why on lauch game asked me something
1 version
32-bit version

I picked first, and it start to install DirextX wtf?
Hm, stated in a window-mode, mouse pointer moving on itself (no, just continue previous move)...

MachineCommander

Educated
Bought this when I got into work this morning, shift's almost over so I'm looking forward to playing this once I get home. Congrats VD!

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Congratulations are in order, VD. You've just gotten richer by a whopping $9, minus all fees and taxes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom