Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview South Park: The Fractured But Whole Gamescom 2016 Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: South Park: The Fractured But Whole; Ubisoft

Ubisoft's upcoming superhero-themed South Park RPG sequel, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, made a surprisingly good impression on us at E3 back in June. It's had a minor presence at Gamescom this week as well, with a new trailer produced for the occasion along with a series of parodic ads for a tie-in product called the "Nosulus Rift", the functionality of which I'll let you figure out for yourselves. Here's the trailer:

They're calling it a "gameplay trailer", but as you can see it doesn't contain all that much gameplay, or anything else for that matter. Luckily, actual gameplay footage has been provided to a number of websites, such as PCGamesN, IGN, GameSpot and Polygon. You might also be interested in GameSpot's preview of the game, which reveals its unlikely RPG inspirations in an interview with one of the developers.

Can't wait for this! The first part made me laugh so hard! As a fan of the series I can't believe how good The Stick of Truth was. Hope it will live up to Obsidian's first!
:bounce:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Inb4 Ubisoft makes a better RPG than Obshitian. It's quite telling how Stone and Parker ditched obshitian after 1 title. They obviously hated it there.

Sprout

Educated
Inb4 Ubisoft makes a better RPG than Obshitian. It's quite telling how Stone and Parker ditched obshitian after 1 title. They obviously hated it there.
Wasn't it Ubisoft themselves who decided to do the next one in-house? Seems to be a theme with the big publishers nowadays. At any rate, they seemed to get along just fine from what I could see.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So for the first one Stone & Parker went to Ubisoft who basically redirected them to Obshitian?

Rev

Arcane
So for the first one Stone & Parker went to Ubisoft who basically redirected them to Obshitian?
Ubisoft didn't even have the rights to the IP at first, they only acquired it after THQ, the initial publisher, went down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom