Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 1.5: Resurrection mod for Fallout 2 released in English

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Fallout 1.5: Resurrection; Fallout 2

The Fallout series has always been very popular in Eastern Europe, and over the years numerous mods for the classic Fallout titles have been developed there, including full-scale standalone games such as Olympus 2207 and Fallout: Nevada. Most of these fan-made spin-offs have never been properly translated from their native languages and they remain obscure among the larger community. Today, one such game has defied that trend. The Czech-made Fallout 1.5: Resurrection has been released in English, over two and a half years after its original Czech release and after over a decade of development. It's a mod for Fallout 2 - a new adventure set in New Mexico that, as you've probably guessed, takes place in between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. Here's its trailer and an overview:

Fallout 1.5: Resurrection is a new, old-school Fallout. It's a modification for Fallout 2 with a completely new story taking place in the Fallout universe. The plot is set in the time between Fallout 1 and 2, east of the future NCR in New Mexico. That means you won't visit the original places. Instead, you'll discover entirely new, creative locations that allowed us to have more freedom with the story.

The player’s character wakes up, heavily wounded, in a dark cave, not knowing how it got there, or who it is. Thus you start from a scratch, searching for your past, which is darker than it might seem on the first sight... We won’t give away any more details about the story, not to spoil your game experience. Though you can count on surprising twists in plot and unexpected finale.

As big fans of Fallout, we've tried to take the best from all of the classic Fallout games. Easter eggs and jokes, with which Fallout 2 was literally overfilled, have been folded into the background. Instead, the great atmosphere of decadence and hopelessness enjoyed by so many in the first Fallout game returns. The world is still chaotic, with only a few, small, independent communities connected by tenuous trade relations. The wasteland is an unfriendly place where law is on the side of whoever has the biggest gun.

The name "Resurrection" was chosen for two reasons. Firstly, resurrection is a theme tied closely to the main character who, at the beginning of the game, practically rises from the dead. Secondly, our modification represents the resurrection of good old Fallout. We didn't want to re-imagine the entire game system. Instead, our aim was to bring back this classic RPG in its original form. Many remember that feeling when they first played Fallout; until you completed the game, you journeyed through interesting locations filled with fascinating things. Even after several play-throughs, you continued to find new, exciting stuff. Players could really get into such a game, so that's exactly the kind of game we've endeavoured to create.

We received a "review copy" of Resurrection a couple of days ago. The writing is about what you'd expect from a fan-made Eastern European project translated by fans, but the game's quest design is apparently quite impressive. It's a new Fallout, a real Fallout - a nice summer surprise, and particularly welcome news coming directly after the recent Bethesda shenanigans. You can download it here now.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
If you play this please take extensive notes on spelling and grammar so that the writing can be improved for future versions.
I've only noticed one error so far, "... Stupid slut couldn't chose a man." (Or smth along those lines.)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I wish the same happend with Fallout of Nevada.
Very good mode, writing is mediocre, quests are star-shining, writing could be fixed during translation.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Has anyone here played it? How is it when it comes to non-linearity and quest design?

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Not bad. The quality of writing is same as Fallout 1. Gameplay is Fallout 2. And the initial rat cave is pretty brutal but not impossible.

I didnt play it alot, only made to the first settlement but in the first location (rat cave?) i just sprinted to the exit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If you play this please take extensive notes on spelling and grammar so that the writing can be improved for future versions.

Besides the various typos, there's some concrete issues like character actions alternatively being described in the past or present tense ("She frowns." "He looked at you and opened his mouth." etc.). Some questions also end with a period instead of a question mark, like the question whether you want to avoid an encounter on the world map.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Besides the various typos, there's some concrete issues like character actions alternatively being described in the past or present tense ("She frowns." "He looked at you and opened his mouth." etc.). Some questions also end with a period instead of a question mark, like the question whether you want to avoid an encounter on the world map.

My wife is ESL and when I had to correct her college papers this drove me crazy. She would switch tenses in the middle of a sentence. Flashbacks man, flashbacks.

Drowed

Arcane
Not bad. The quality of writing is same as Fallout 1.

What, no way. I mean, it's not terrible but it is quite raw, forced. Things are thrown in your face all the time.

It's still fun, anyway. But writing certainly isn't one of the strengths of the mod - at least, not in the translation.

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
I started as a male character, small guns expert with high int and cha; my typical character in fallout, so far it's pretty good - the combat is harder than the snore-fest in 1 so far and there's a good bit of alternative paths that I've seen thus far. Yes the writing has errors, but it doesn't bother me that much.

eXalted

Arcane
I started as a male character, small guns expert with high int and cha; my typical character in fallout, so far it's pretty good - the combat is harder than the snore-fest in 1 so far and there's a good bit of alternative paths that I've seen thus far. Yes the writing has errors, but it doesn't bother me that much.
Everything he said. Only difference is that my character is female.

I am happily surprised by the quality of the quests.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everything he said. Only difference is that my character is female.

I am happily surprised by the quality if the quests.
same. i always play womyn in fallout

Latelistener

Arcane
5743204+_3193d13429adba63c0cab22ae36fc21a.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am several hours in. aside from some sloppy writing here and there, this game is awesome.

definitely scratch that itch for something fallout, after the bad aftertaste left by bethestard and crapout 4

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom