Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Brian Fargo's Talk at Reboot Develop 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

You might remember that two and a half months ago, before E3, before Digital Dragons, there was a gaming conference in Croatia called Reboot Develop. Among the visitors were Chris Avellone, Brian Fargo and Swen Vincke, and the talks that they gave there sounded interesting indeed. But somehow, other than an interview with Chris on the day of his arrival, nothing that happened there ever reached the public, and the world moved on. Until last week, that is, when the Reboot Develop organizers quietly started uploading videos of the conference's talks to its official YouTube channel.

The first video of interest to the Codex is of the talk Brian Fargo gave on April 29th entitled "Embrace the Chaos". In the 40 minute speech, Brian described his development philosophy as an executive producer - setting the tone, the importance of iteration, etc - using Wasteland 2 as an example. It's familiar Fargo stuff, but hey, at least he's moved on from talking about Kickstarter. Note that the audio quality is rather bad, and between 17:00 and 18:40 it completely spazzes out. The video also doesn't show Brian's slides. You have much to learn, Croatians. Anyway, if you want to watch it yourself, here it is:

There was a hint in this talk that Torment was going to be delayed (apparently Brian had to issue a "gag order" on the writers for writing too much) but we already know that. He also off-handedly mentioned that inXile have a secret project. Wasteland 3, I assume?

Zeriel

Arcane
Each time they delay Torment, they delay Brad's Tale 4. It's going to be 2020 before that game gets released with the way they are going.

I thought BT4 was being handed off to the new studio they put up in Kajunville. Are they really waiting for Numanuma to finish for full production to start?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom