Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign now on Steam Greenlight, coming Q1 2017

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: OlderBytes; Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign

Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign, the sequel to the thrice-released Might & Magic homage Swords and Sorcery: Underworld by Charles Clerc of OlderBytes, was originally announced way back in 2012. It seems that much of the time since then was spent developing the game's new engine, which Underworld was ported to for its final iteration. With that out of the way, Charles has been able to move on to developing the actual content of Sovereign. As of today, the game has an entry on Steam Greenlight, which I encourage you all to vote for. Here's a teaser trailer that was put together for the Greenlight campaign back in May:

The Greenlight page has a lengthy description of Sovereign's new features, which include skills, crafting, factions, and an elaborate new magic system. It also announces a release date in the first quarter of 2017. Given how long it's taken to reach this stage, I wonder if that's not a bit optimistic, but I guess we'll see.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's just something about grid-based cRPGs that I just love! Especially the dungeon crawling part. Looking forward to seeing how the combat looks but I personally can do without crafting. Why is this such a huge feature that needs to be crammed into every game?!

Luzur

Good Sir
I was kinda hoping for him to have progressed to Might and Magic 3 level, but i guess a Might and Magic 2 is good too!

Andhaira

Arcane
There's just something about grid-based cRPGs that I just love! Especially the dungeon crawling part. Looking forward to seeing how the combat looks but I personally can do without crafting. Why is this such a huge feature that needs to be crammed into every game?!

Have you tried 7 Mages yet?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Crafting... hmmm.
I cannot remember any RPG where I had much fun doing that.
But then again, it was usually purely optional anyway ;)

Crafting allows for a bit more variety of quest design. I'm aware that it isn't a very popular option but I'm making sure it doesn't require grinding, or farming. Most reagents can be purchased and rare ones have to be found or acquired through questing. Progress isn't based on useage but mastery level and having found the recipe.

Infinitron Q1 2017 is ambitious but seems feasible. Thanks for the shoutout!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I've purchased it just haven't gotten around to really playing it.

Andhaira

Arcane

I've purchased it just haven't gotten around to really playing it.

Ok I will wait for your opinion before deciding if I am going to get it or not. I like what I have seen of the gameplay snippets but I hear bad things about translation; and the fact that all your characters are mages, and you don't generate a full party turns me off.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I played the 2nd edition of the previous game, does the definitive editions has more content or is it just a interface reskin? (actually I think I liked the interface from the 2nd more, looks more stylish)

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I played the 2nd edition of the previous game, does the definitive editions has more content or is it just a interface reskin? (actually I think I liked the interface from the 2nd more, looks more stylish)

Pretty much the same, content-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom