Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview PC Gaming Show at E3 2016: Tyranny Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BattleTech; Brian Heins; Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Necropolis; Obsidian Entertainment; Tyranny

Amidst the endless procession of mind-numbingly interchangeable indies at this year's PC Gaming Show at E3, there were a few notable highlights - Dawn of War 3, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, and also a new trailer for Obsidian's Tyranny. They're calling it a "gameplay reveal" trailer, but that description should be understood literally - it's really just a story trailer with a few brief snippets of gameplay. Which is better than what we had before, I guess. Perhaps, as with The White March announcement last year, there'll be a proper gameplay demonstration soon after this.

During the "post-show" session, Brian Heins showed up for a brief chat about the game, but he didn't really reveal anything new. Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman also made an appearance to talk about BattleTech and Necropolis, but again, it was far too short to reveal anything of substance. We'll have to seek in-depth information about these games elsewhere.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
the first 15 seconds are very Duneish :)

that running animation is abhorrent

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still doing the robot run I see. A low priority to change.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still, something tells me this will be better received than PoE.

I think it'll be lovely if it isn't better received, as numerous Codexers finally face the fact that it's not some mysterious "Sawyerism" that turned them off of PoE, but the simple fact that it featured more active ability use than the Infinity Engine games did. Cooldowns, baby, cooldowns.

Although, maybe with just four party members they'll be able to handle that better.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

I think it'll be lovely if it isn't better received, as numerous Codexers finally face the fact that it's not some mysterious "Sawyerism" that turned them off of PoE, but the simple fact that it featured more active ability use than the Infinity Engine games did. Cooldowns, baby, cooldowns.

Although, maybe with just four party members they'll be able to handle that better.

It wasn't cooldowns, it was shit combat and lots and lots and lots and lots of trash mobs (but you don't get xp after a very short period for the trash).
Also LORE DUMP every other 2 minutes, but yeah other than it being hyped as all fuck as well, expectations were too high.

Mustawd

----------------- DO NOT DISCUSS POE BEYOND THIS LINE ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Motion image cinematics. Oh wow I love those. Definitively not the sign of a cheap pretentious shovelware.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Also LORE DUMP every other 2 minutes

Besides that for me was also the fucking fact that every fuckin quest/dialogue/action in the game had to do with souls/aedra/ etc etc etc

PoE made me feel wanting just to be sent to kill some rats in a cellar...

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
The graphics/artwork looks alright, but still waiting to see some actual gameplay.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The graphics/artwork looks alright, but still waiting to see some actual gameplay.

I posted this in the other thread:

86HYShUAeF2yA.gif

Put this gif on loop for 20 to 25 hours, and you should have a reasonable approximation of the final product. Plus some dialogues and such.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

I hope so. Because Sawyer needs a slap on the face.

@Obsidian: just do what these guys did for God's sake and do some proper animations!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i mean real combat footage, like the UI in action, the input show, etc.

i hate that these days "gameplay" footage these days passes as in-game render cutscene. fuck this bullshit trend

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey this sounds cool... The Dark Sun/ Dune vibes of an actual "alien" (non European or fantasy) setting is a big plus for me; I am kind of tired of the usual fantasy troupes
Not very invested on this so anything that comes out of this will be welcome

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Oh my god, I had no clue taleworlds was on E3. They finally showed a siege gameplay!

Looks fucking sweet. Can't wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom