Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Awesome Oblivion interview at CVG

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; Gavin Carter

<a href=http://www.computerandvideogames.com>Computer & Video Games</a> has posted a very indepth <a href=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/interviews/interviews_story.php?id=133589>interview</a> with Gavin Carter, that shows that CVG doesn't have a fucking clue about the game. Why Gavin wasted his time, we shall never know.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Elder Scrolls has always been a hugely popular series on PC. Why is the time right to bring it to consoles and why is Xbox 360 the right console for the job?
<br>
<br>
Will the Xbox 360 version be a straight port of the PC game, or are you developing both versions separately?
<br>
<br>
How big will the world of Oblivion be, and what kind of things will you be free to do?
<br>
<br>
Is the combat system more on the action-oriented side, or does it adhere to more traditional RPG rules?
<br>
<br>
Will the player's character be customisable and will he gain experience points and levels as the game progresses?</blockquote>
<br>
Click on the link to learn more about Oblivion!

Balor

Arcane
*blergh*
Did they spend their last five years in deep hybernation?
Looks like they did, and looks like it negitively affected their cognitive abilities, too.

Chefe

Erudite
This would have been appropriate two years ago.

How big will the world of Oblivion be, and what kind of things will you be free to do?

Wow, that's not vague.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I like that it says that the XBOX 360 version will play just like the PC version with all of its setting maxed out. Definately took out shadows so that the PC version would not be better lookiing than the 360. I won't buy it.

Txiasaeia

Novice
"Can you do stuff, and if so, will said stuff be cool?"

This is what it takes to be in game journalism? Wow.

obediah

Erudite
Elwro said:
It's still not on par with this review, with which gaming journalism has imo hit a new low.

Holy shit! That is a new low. "I couldn't figure out how to move in the first combat, so I quit the game. Everything about this game sucks." Wow. Wow. Wow. I'd seen the first paragraph of the review over at rpgdot and figured it was just another standard "man this game is a turd" Metalheart review. Thanks for inspiring me to read it through to fully appreciate it.

I'm waiting for the next review...
retardo reviewer said:
Game X new worstest video game ever

I like saw this game at the store. I looked at the cover and like all the screenshots, but there weren't any bewbies. at all. This is the worst game ever.

dettociao

Novice
Fired off to every email address at the site and at OXM (the original writers of this monstrosity):

Hi-

It is plain from reading this recent article that the author knows
absolutely nothing about this game, games in general, or even proper
grammar.

Far from being a rabid ES fan, I have only been following coverage of
Oblivion casually (i.e. reading new interviews occasionally, looking
at a couple screen shots, etc). Had the author of this article done
either of these things, he would have known the answers to every
single one of his questions.

Not only is this article an exceptional example of poor journalism, it
isn't even well written. For god's sake, it is missing periods in
appropriate places ("series' newest incarnation - Oblivion Quite
frankly"). In what world is that even remotely correct?

Sample another juicy tidbit: "Not only did it look unbelievably
sumptuous, but seemed to marry the series' epic RPG goodness with
crunching real-time combat and high magic, a big name cast (Patrick
Stewart et al) and NPC interactions which were as life-like and
convincing as anything we've ever seen."

In what world is that *not* a run-on sentence? Don't we use pronouns
anymore? I can't begin to describe the awful feeling of reading
something like this on a professional website. I mean, the internet is
casual-- and the average gamer is not used to anything other than
'l337' speak-- but at least give it the old college try.

Thanks for your time. If the author of the article is reading this,
I'm surprised he's made it through so many words and relatively
well-formed sentences.

Doubt I'll get any response, but it made me feel better.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Ah, it is good to know other people had to suffer through that sad, sad example of journalism as well. I knew I should have stopped reading it, but I just couldn't help it. It was like watching some horrible tragedy, so gruesome, so terribly debase and disgusting that you want to turn your head...yet, you just can't.

Of course, this is the same reason why "real life" TV shows are so popular. We are still Romans sitting in the stands of the colloseum, except this time the fighters are actually choosing to participate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom