Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #55: Brief Update, Nathan Long Novella Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Eric Schwarz; InXile Entertainment; Nathan Long; Torment: Tides of Numenera

inXile have published the first Torments: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter update in almost two months. After such a long time, one might have hoped for bigger news, but it's really just a brief notice that More Work Must Be Done. On the bright side, they've released the next novella in the From The Depths series, which should help pass the time until there's some real news. This one is by Nathan Long and is based on the Red Tide of passion and emotion. Here's the update:

Eric checking in. In our previous update, we told you about how we were targeting an April milestone for getting the game content complete. We're happy to say that we've hit that milestone – this means Torment is now playable start to finish, albeit in a somewhat rough state.

The feedback we've gained from the backer beta has been invaluable in allowing us to improve upon the game in a number of ways. In particular, we've been in the thick of a massive user interface overhaul on both the art and design fronts, cleaning up a lot of the temporary and placeholder stuff that was in when the beta launched. It is shaping up extremely well.

Furthermore, we've been reworking the game's introduction. This is one of the things we got the most comments about during the beta's early stages - how while the strangeness of the world, the visuals and the writing were all engrossing, the pacing and the way information was communicated about the game systems and story felt like they could use a bit of work. The changes we've made should address these points while also moving things along a bit more quickly.

A lot of these polish points are still in the works, and we're also chipping away at our bug lists, balance and systems tweaks both in and out of combat, and adding additional layers of improvements on for animation, visual effects and scene artwork. We're still working towards a more stable and complete build for you to enjoy, but when the next beta update comes, it will be one of the most extensive we've done.

From the Depths: Red

We have some good news on the rewards front today. Those of you who backed Torment at levels that included novellas will be happy to hear we are releasing a new installment in our "From the Depths" series - The Red Hand.

This novella comes courtesy of writer Nathan Long, who crafted several characters and quests for Torment: Tides of Numenera. You will also likely recognize Nathan as the lead writer behind Wasteland 2, not to mention that he has well over a dozen fantasy novels and several TV episodes and films to his name.

The Red Hand is a Ninth World story set in the subterranean city of Haref, which shows how art and passion can inspire great acts of heroism, but can also be twisted into tools of oppression. It follows an artist in love with a revolutionary leader as his art turns her outrage into a powerful symbol of revolt, and then escapes his control.

Applicable Torment backers who got the Red Novella with their rewards can download it right now from their Torment backer account. Just login to your Torment account, check the Rewards page and look for the "Downloads" button on your reward package that contains the novella. And remember that our novellas are still available in digital form as add-ons if you don't already have them.
Other than that, the update has a recap of all the recent Torment interviews and something about a poster. Let's hope it won't be long before there's more.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Furthermore, we've been reworking the game's introduction. This is one of the things we got the most comments about during the beta's early stages - how while the strangeness of the world, the visuals and the writing were all engrossing, the pacing and the way information was communicated about the game systems and story felt like they could use a bit of work. The changes we've made should address these points while also moving things along a bit more quickly.​
I haven't even played the beta (don't wanna be spoilered), but after I've read some people cirtizise the pacing of the beginning I feared it would come to this.
Why are players so stupid? Why do you have to ruin everything?

Gremius

Augur
Even here at Codex people were complaining about beginning and it pacing hoping that devs will modify it :M

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even here at Codex people were complaining about beginning and it pacing hoping that devs will modify it :M
WHY-JUST-WHY-meme-43291.jpg

Mustawd

Well, sometimes it is valid. Especially with the lore dumps people complained about in PoE.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
I played chunks of the beta, wasn't impressed. The writing is pretentious, and the backgrounds are too clean and sterile. It reeks of low-budget Kickstarted garbage. Just like WL2. Fargo's a fucking conman, and his garbage company still hasn't managed to produce a solid title. Mediocrity is the best they can do, and that's on a good day.

Still gonna play it when it comes out, and hope for the best.

Gremius

Augur
Seriously someone expected this earlier than in 2017? And for final, complete version we will wait to 2018-19 for sure.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
George Ziets says it's still on track to come out this year. Only question is when.

Gremius

Augur
Mid December, final version of almost finished beta available for everyone who will pay. And after ~1.5-2 years these people will get the real thing (Definitive Edition, aka. complete game) as gratitude for their beta-testing.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
It reeks of low-budget Kickstarted garbage. Just like WL2. Fargo's a fucking conman, and his garbage company still hasn't managed to produce a solid title. .

I love how these newfags think that moronic unwarranted edginess is the bukkake admittance currency.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
I love how these newfags think that moronic unwarranted edginess is the bukkake admittance currency.
I love how cocksucking sycophants think anyone gives a flying fuck about fellating their intangible hierarchy or collecting virtual brownie points from a gaggle of unwashed nerds. And that goes double for tolerating shitty games made by even shittier devs. Kill yourself, you mong.

Mustawd

I love how cocksucking sycophants think anyone gives a flying fuck about fellating their intangible hierarchy or collecting virtual brownie points from a gaggle of unwashed nerds. And that goes double for tolerating shitty games made by even shittier devs. Kill yourself, you mong.

Try harder newbie. That wasn't even insulting.

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
There's nothing more insulting than labeling oneself as a bitch to e-hierarchies. Considering that the majority of the 'Dex are low-test fags, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Go lift some iron, and stop cucking yourself to a website.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It reeks of low-budget Kickstarted garbage. Just like WL2. Fargo's a fucking conman, and his garbage company still hasn't managed to produce a solid title. .

He has a point, just look the latest games from fargo or Inxile

The Bard's Tale
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Choplifter HD
Line Rider
Wasteland 2

With that in mind and after playing the beta, all that we can hope from this game is mediocrity at best, it's not gonna live the hype of the tittle and for sure the game will be ripped to pieces in the codex review.

Mustawd

There's nothing more insulting than labeling oneself as a bitch to e-hierarchies. Considering that the majority of the 'Dex are low-test fags, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Go lift some iron, and stop cucking yourself to a website.

Look at you go. You told me good. You're like Celerity's bigger brother or something. So what...like 15 years old?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom