Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha 0.5 released, beta coming in Q1 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dan Vávra; Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

News from scenic Bohemia! Last month, version 0.5 of the Kingdom Come: Deliverance tech alpha was released to eligible backers, adding features such as a crime system, an adaptive soundtrack, and more. The accompanying Kickstarter update provided details, but this cool video that Warhorse released today does a much better job. It also reveals that the game's beta is due for release early next year. Here's the video, and the relevant part from the Kickstarter update:

We have released new update to Kingdom Come: Deliverance Tech Alpha recently, which is available to all backers with the Baron tier or higher. Thanks to your comments on our forums, we have fixed the issues which came with this update, so now it’s the right time to start Steam and download the update 0.5!

New features include:
  • Crime system: Stealing or attacking people will have consequences, the population will behave accordingly. If you are seen committing a crime, multiple options are available, from negotiating your way out, going to jail or even resisting the arrest by fighting against the authorities.
  • Multiple enemies: Fighting will get even more dangerous and challenging, thanks to new AI improvements. Every opponent has now different skills and equipment. Combat feels even more realistic and deadlier.
  • Adaptive soundtrack: Addition of new proprietary sound technology adapting the soundtrack's mood based on player's actions. For instance, the game's symphonic music goes from peaceful to agitated when the player is under attack and is modifying itself depending on player's performance. The system handles all kind of situations based on actions and environments, such as exploration, theft, danger, etc.
  • RPG and survival elements: Characters, now needs to eat and sleep in order to stay healthy and survive. New horse inventory will help carry more supplies.
  • Technology upgrades and fixes: Implementation of Global illumination - a new CryEngine lighting technology improving lighting and shadows to improve the world's realism, combat and horse controls/animations improved, new dialog animations and cameras, complete GUI (graphical user interface) overhaul
Tech Alpha 0.5 is the last update before the release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beta version. The Windows PC Tech Alpha 0.5 is available for Baron (an higher) backers supporting the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance on www.KingdomComeRPG.com and for Kickstarter backers.

P.S. Looks like polearms are probably going to make it in after all. Hurá!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
kingdom_come_deliverae0jcj.gif

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
The guy who speaks about the crime system, I enjoy his accent, also his face which is ominous ; "steal anything, kill anyone, the evil way" - feels like he's going to stab me in some alley... "murder oh my god" ; the general ambiance of these videos, the inexpressiveness of the developers, all of this is very nice, makes me feel very good... might drop dead at any moment. I can't wait at the moment to be able to see it ; the alpha looks lomewhat better ; thanks to the technology I might as well dump myself in the trash, very awesome :cool:

A user named cat

The guy who speaks about the crime system, I enjoy his accent, also his face which is ominous ; "steal anything, kill anyone, the evil way" - feels like he's going to stab me in some alley... "murder oh my god" ; the general ambiance of these videos, the inexpressiveness of the developers, all of this is very nice, makes me feel very good... might drop dead at any moment. I can't wait at the moment to be able to see it ; the alpha looks lomewhat better ; thanks to the technology I might as well dump myself in the trash, very awesome :cool:
He sounds like such a villain. I was waiting for him to say he would cut my throat and rape my mother.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh yeah, that woman mugging scenario was extremely Codexian. Seriously, everybody should watch the video. Great music, too.

Kron

Arcane
I guess it's too late to be asking for halfswording?

I'm sure people have mentioned it previously, but seeing those guys swing swords at plate armor looks a bit dumb.

Kron

Arcane
Talking about swords and stuff, is there any info on how damage will work?

Haven't been really following the game.
Swords work against plate armor? Are there maces and war hammers/picks?
Damage types?

Perkel

Arcane
Talking about swords and stuff, is there any info on how damage will work?

Haven't been really following the game.
Swords work against plate armor? Are there maces and war hammers/picks?
Damage types?

That was on the end of video.

short sword and shield is already in. they are working on unarmed and confirmed that they will have polearms in game. Maces should be easy to do imo same with axes.
Also their GI tech and weather looks fucking amazing.

There will be also be around 300k lines of dialog in cutscenes and they started to record that stuff already.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pretty cool game, maybe first AAA game I am hyped for in a very long time.

Darkzone

Arcane
I wouldn't call this an AAA game since the development cost will be unlikely above 20 million dollar and it is also not made by a renowned studio. But this game will be definitely very good and i also love the alpha. The visuals are spectacular (if you play it then it looks far better than in the youtube videos), the historical accuracy is fantastic, and even the "alchemy / pharmacy" is based on known elemental things and therefore for me this is a dream come true. To compare it with TW3 is like comparing apples with oranges, but in my opinion the above mentioned things elevate it above TW3 on my list.

And if it is successful then perhaps they can make also different scenarios like Constantinople or Viking era or Russia against the Mongols or Italy states. (One can dream.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wouldn't call this an AAA game since the development cost will be unlikely above 20 million dollar and it is also not made by a renowned studio. But this game will be definitely very good and i also love the alpha. The visuals are spectacular (if you play it then it looks far better than in the youtube videos), the historical accuracy is fantastic, and even the "alchemy / pharmacy" is based on known elemental things and therefore for me this is a dream come true. To compare it with TW3 is like comparing apples with oranges, but in my opinion the above mentioned things elevate it above TW3 on my list.

And if it is successful then perhaps they can make also different scenarios like Constantinople or Viking era or Russia against the Mongols or Italy states. (One can dream.)
The production values make it AAA. Marketing budget probably not. But I expect it will cost like AAA games do. As for their budget they said most of their money comes from private investors, KS was only so they can show those investors there is interest.

Darkzone

Arcane
The production values make it AAA. Marketing budget probably not. But I expect it will cost like AAA games do. As for their budget they said most of their money comes from private investors, KS was only so they can show those investors there is interest.
Ok that game will be an AAA game concerning the overall production value and it costs as much (lowest price Digital Baron Tier $50). And the other things that you have written are also true to my knowledge. So i will now play the alpha.... again.

I've come to appreciate the name.

Possibly just me but playing the alphas feels very hollow and aimless in a way somewhat similar to Oblivion. As if, even after the game will be finished, that same feeling of emptiness will fill it.

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't like this game's name, but the game itself looks quite neat.
The name fits the setting and narrative of the game. Regnum Bohemiae would also fit, like many others that are set in Bohemia in the beginning of the 15th century or are indicative of this time periode and place. The events in this three acts are the a major and interesting parts of the czech history. The first act is set when "Wenceslaus the idle" was imprisoned and dethroned by his younger brother Sigismund, and when John of Lichtenstein freed him in autumn of 1403.
I think that the second act will be around 1410 with the Battle of Grunwald / Tannenberg, where the three banners of czech knights have kept the formation together with three banners of knights of Smolensk and therefore they also played a major role in this battle. And the third act would fit the events of the great schism and the death of Jan Hus. But the second act and the third act are currently just my speculations.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom