Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lords of Xulima – Anniversary Update, new secret game in the works

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Lords of Xulima; Numantian Games

The people at Numantian Games are celebrating their one year anniversary for Lords of Xulima by releasing a big "2.0" update.

To celebrate the first anniversary of Lords of Xulima, we have released a major update with a lot of new things.

The Workshop

Finally, the Workshop is available. With the Workshop, you can create your own mods for the game in which you can change the rule set system to create a unique experience or simply to improve the original game to your taste.

We have created a specific application, the Lox Editor [www.lordsofxulima.com]. With this tool, you can change the global parameters of the game, the encounters, monsters, skill, classes, treasures... in a very easy way. Then you can publish your mods so other users can try your version of LoX.

Players can easily manage the mods and activate them from inside the main game menu. First, subscribe to the ones you like in the Workshop page of LoX and then you can activate them directly from the game.

You now have three Mods available: "No Random Encounters Edition" (created by the Team), "The Deepest Dark" by the user Celerity and the "Streamlined Edition" by Valadurs Erbe. Hope you enjoy them!

Improved Game Balance

For the new version, we have tweaked a bit the difficulty levels to achieve a better overall balance. The treasures are now better and the bosses from the mid-end part of the game are now more challenging. The Normal version is a bit harder. Also, the resistances are capped at 90 as many features of the game were broken when you got immunity to certain types of damage.

Although we are working on more projects, like the consoles porting of Lords of Xulima and a new very secret game, we will continue working to improve our beloved old-school RPG.​

I highlighted the part about a new game being worked on in the last paragraph. Let's hope it's another RPG.

They also released a wallpaper and a song to go with the update. Check it out.

Thanks, Black!

Drowed

Arcane
Workshop... Nice, but I don't think that we will have many mods there. And, the first two mods:

3014AA680AC25F3508F18E2FF87BA8376AE811D5

AKA, "mega easy mode, thanks".

BF078F02479801188EEA3F179C73478CC28C4890

Speaks for itself.

...Well, what a nice start.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Workshop... Nice, but I don't think that we will have many mods there. And, the first two mods:

Speaks for itself.

Well, the streamlined could be nice because the base game is sometimes an insufferable grinding chore with mediocre combat design. So, for people that just want to explore things, and read the lore is a great addition.

Also, it is nice to have 3 mods to start, see the team still supporting their game after 1 year and have the possibility of see more things in the future even if they don't happen finally, they give the community options to do.

Black

Arcane
I reported this news to the local Jewish bot, Infinitron, 2 DAYS AGO, and he did nothing about it.
Seems like Numantian Games doesn't pay enough 'happy merchant' tax.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I reported this news to the local Jewish bot, Infinitron, 2 DAYS AGO, and he did nothing about it.
Seems like Numantian Games doesn't pay enough 'happy merchant' tax.
Report news to "contact us" in the future. Together, we can work against the jewish media regime.

Black

Arcane
Report news to "contact us" in the future. Together, we can work against the jewish media regime.
Can you guarantee that my news won't get stolen by their agents?

Black

Arcane
Seems like making PC rpgs just to later ports them to consoles is the new cool thing to do.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Publishers are still living in the digital stoneage so I guess it's still important to show potential investors that they can deliver on multiplatform.

That, or developers are fucking stupid idiots.

V_K

Arcane
Well, it does have isometric exploration, blobber combat and terrible writing, so it might well pass as a "Western take on JRPGs", at least initially.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
One of the dungeons would be intolerable without element immunity. I think it was the lightning one. Solving it properly requires a precision of movement that the game simply doesn't have.

The final dungeon also seemed too uninteresting to warrant completing it any other way than wading through the lava with fire immunity.

roshan

Arcane
I loved those dungeons with the timed laser traps. The movement is just precise enough under walk mode, it isn't so much precision that's required anyway as proper timing.

Cadmus

Arcane
As I already commented in the LoX thread - the updated theme is awesome. I like how they're proud of their game and I wish them good luck.
I dislike the capping of the resistances but whatever. With all the shit coming out these days I don't think I'll replay LoX until I'm in my 40s or something.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

3014AA680AC25F3508F18E2FF87BA8376AE811D5

Speaks for itself.

The first non developer mod made is Deepest Dark (mine) which focuses on making the game much harder and somewhat more balanced. Those 2 mods are the most popular though because that's what more people are interested in. Not really surprising since 0.4% of people beat Hardcore Ironman and I'm aiming at the subset of that that found that super easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom