Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community BattleTech - a Codexian Fundraiser

Angthoron

Arcane
Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes

With an almost traditional delay, we're officially launching a BattleTech Codexian fundraiser! This time our initial goal is at just $1000 - which will net us a nice package of a bunch of raffle-able stuff as well as some things to make our entry truly memorable and game-defining:
YOUR NAME and CUSTOM MESSAGE in the CREDITS! You’ll be listed in the game’s credits along with a short message you get to write.

A UNIQUE CUSTOM EMBLEM for YOUR MERCENARY OUTFIT. All players will be able to choose an emblem from a standard set to represent their mercenary outfit, but yours will be CUSTOM PAINTED and UNIQUE TO YOU! You’ll work with the HBS ART TEAM to design your own mercenary emblem which will appear as your Mercenary identifier in the game, on your 'Mechs, and in social locations such as forums and leaderboards (if the multiplayer Funding Stage 4 is achieved.)

A high-quality DIGITAL COPY of your emblem, suitable for printing.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, everyone participating in the fundraiser at $25 or higher will get a copy of the game just like with Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Unfortunately it would take a lot of work for HBS guys to be able to offer us extra rewards, so things like Backer Atlas Mech from the $50 tier are off the table.

Still, this is a great deal of supporting and getting the game and salting that one Twitter guy's wounds again, so go fundin'!

Once again, for any questions or issues with pledges, contact Angthoron.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
A UNIQUE CUSTOM EMBLEM for YOUR MERCENARY OUTFIT. All players will be able to choose an emblem from a standard set to represent their mercenary outfit, but yours will be CUSTOM PAINTED and UNIQUE TO YOU! You’ll work with the HBS ART TEAM to design your own mercenary emblem which will appear as your Mercenary identifier in the game, on your 'Mechs

HBS made stylized BattleTech version of red Codexian troll emblem incoming?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Donated $25, just enough to get a copy of the game. Not the biggest fan of HBS around here, but hey, I'd buy it on release anyway simply because it's BattleTech.

Angthoron

Arcane
At this rate I should have saved my potatoes for lifetime ad-free access.
It's okay, the world will end sooner than the presumed lifetime's worth kicks in. Besides, maybe one day before Gehenna we'll have some extra services that you'll be able to spend those potatoes on.

:greatjob: Yesssssssss.

Also: Where's my tag!
Alsoplustoo: What twitter guy?
I dunno, Infinitron, what's with this?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
pls link to battle tech KS in OP so i can see what this garbage is

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
pls link to battle tech KS in OP so i can see what this garbage is
Weeeell... Codex only links to RPG's.

Deciding to raise funds for a non-rpg 'tactical turn-based combat' game from a company whose previous attempts at said combat style suck... That's a different matter entirely, or so it seems.
(Although, at least in this game, cooldown timers could at least make some sense.)

khavi

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
I put in $25, but Angthoron, if you can get us the beta keys I'll pull the rest of my monies from the general kickstarter and hand it over.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
I'm in. I'd end up getting this game eventually anyway because Battletech, might as well also put my money to a good cause like pissing off twitterrers. And potatoes.

Angthoron

Arcane
I put in $25, but Angthoron, if you can get us the beta keys I'll pull the rest of my monies from the general kickstarter and hand it over.
Most likely won't happen. I'll check, but most likely it'll be a no for "everyone gets a beta key".

Also, 1/3rd left. Not bad.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
d4ac0b96844e1d631cbf3e41227887da.jpg

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I will be fair, I was going to pledge, but the fact its only a 4 mech lance really bothers me. What they are aiming for this game will probably disappoint as did the AI in shadowrun games.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Probably won't play this game (or maybe I will), but I pledged for the nylon jacket. Would probably cost just about as much to commission a custom one of those.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Probably won't play this game (or maybe I will), but I pledged for the nylon jacket. Would probably cost just about as much to commission a custom one of those.

And that gets us funded. Nekot is the top donor for two Codex fundraisers in a row!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

The bad news: none of the rewards above $25 are actually available to Codex backers, so you won't get the jacket from HBS. The possibly good news: one jacket is included in our $1000 tier reward. It's technically meant for the raffle, but DarkUnderlord might be willing to budge since you funded a quarter of the fundraiser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom