Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Thursday

The Age of Decadence has been officially released. Yes, it took them many years but in the end they even crossed the finishing line one day ahead of schedule.

The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based, single-player role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees.

Traditionally, many fantasy RPGs are about killing things, clearing up dungeons, and being a hero. Now, there is nothing wrong with mindless fun and wish fulfillment, but we serve a different meal here. Quoting from one of the reviews:

“Well, if you want a hardcore, heavy metal roleplaying experience that challenges you, this is the ticket. Otherwise, take a pass. The game is vicious, both in its lack of morality and its merciless systems. If you want to be the hero of a story, run and don’t look back. If you want to be Attia of the Julii or be a power player, this is your RPG.”

The game is available on Steam and GOG.

So, congratulations to our Iron Tower Studio friends I guess. Feel free to post your impressions in the comments thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outmind

Augur
I still remember the first public alpha / beta/whatever where people were bitching how they got owned by their first encounter. I decided then and there I'd keep an eye on this game and give it a shot once it is released.

One more worthy title to add to the ol' backlog.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
But everyone at the arr pee gee codex told me this is vaporware.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just took me 5 minutes to unlock my first achievement...
AoD achievement.jpg

:yeah:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just don't know why you didn't release it on Thursday...

No matter what we might think of the result, for good or worse, congratulations for not letting your dreams be dreams.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
I will buy a copy in the next week, i've really liked the demo, surprisingly.
Anyway, congratulations to the whole team!

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Remove that fucking sticky post about shadowrun from the main site or sticky this shit as well!

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Congratulations! I've been looking at this game for some time now, albeit never too closely. From what I've read - what makes me a bit concerned - is that some make it sound as if there's a lot of one-way-streets. While I appreciate challenge, I don't like having to click through 20 options of an encounter only to find out that there's only one right way. Anyone can chip in on that?

himmy

Arcane
Damn, it must be almost 10 years now since I first read about it in the Romanian PC Games magazine.

Can't wait to not be able to get past the first combat and then ragequit. Congrats Iron Tower!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Congratulations! I've been looking at this game for some time now, albeit never too closely. From what I've read - what makes me a bit concerned - is that some make it sound as if there's a lot of one-way-streets. While I appreciate challenge, I don't like having to click through 20 options of an encounter only to find out that there's only one right way. Anyone can chip in on that?
I don't think so but don't take my word for it. Try the demo and see for yourself.

Lucky

Arcane
Still unspoiled. Gonna binge it.

I just don't know why you didn't release it on Thursday...

No matter what we might think of the result, for good or worse, congratulations for not letting your dreams be dreams.

It's Thursday in Australia, though. +M

Israfael

Arcane
I hope there will be at least 5 reviews to beat PoE in its coverage

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom