Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence September Update: Release date - October 14th!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

Just two weeks after last month's update, Vault Dweller has published the September update for The Age of Decadence, announcing the release of the game's final location to the Early Access version and its final release date. Without further ado:

First and foremost, as of this moment the game is feature- and story-complete and is fully playable from start to finish, i.e. from 8 vignettes to 13 endings. What started more than 10 years ago as a dream has finally became a distinctive role-playing game, which will be released on Steam, GoG, and Gamers Gate on October 14, 2015.

During the next 5 weeks we’ll work on the balance, visuals, flavor text, and bug-fixing. As always, your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration, so try the update and let us know what you think.

If you’re just curious about the game but unsure if it’s for you, try the demo. It’s been recently updated and gives you access to the first ‘chapter’ and over 30 quests split between different factions.

As for the update:

- The final location (an ancient ziggurat – a resting place of one of the Gods who fought alongside men in the Great War but vanished after the collapse of the Empire)
- 13 different endings, dictated by players’ choices, deeds, the items they’ve obtained, and even what they have witnessed during the game.
- Improved combat AI: until now the enemies used 3-4 different attacks based on their to-hit-chance and your armor; the new and improved combat AI includes all attacks, use of alchemy, and quick switching from melee to ranged when needed.

What’s left to do:

- Music for Ganezzar (almost done, should be added in the next update)
- Faction, character, and personal endings (where you end up after the events of the game if you stick with a faction; maybe you’ll end up on top, maybe you’ll be sent to keep Centurion Bass company)
- Expanded dialogues (flavor only) and personal stories
- More death descriptions
Hurrah! But wait, why is it a Wednesday?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you’re just curious about the game but unsure if it’s for you, try the demo. It’s been recently updated and gives you access to the first ‘chapter’ and over 30 quests split between different factions.

Is the demo savegame compatible with the full version?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You should really make a (new) kickass trailer so I can show them to my friends.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I installed the demo basically to see how it runs and I am surprised how well it actually does so far. Surprised because I have a shitty toaster and my inability to run Dead State made me seriously doubt its capacity to run newer 3D games decently. I guess I can wait to buy a new machine just a little longer then.

Great music and character creation btw.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Best game since Fallout 1 is coming. I expect at least as many reviews as for PoE from the Codex. And an interview with VD/Elhoim/Nick. And an AoD theme on the site. And everyone changing their avatars to AoD one. And...

In all seriousness though, I hope that Codex won't disappoint and this gem of a game will get the recognition it deserves, not some shitty preview by MasterSmithFandango.

Tigranes

Arcane
Vault Dweller will review AOD in a widely anticipated follow-up to his seminal piece on Oblivion.

Weasel
A seminal moment in RPG history approaches :salute:

Thread needs more Thursday jokes but one can't have everything.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Great news, I had little hope the game would be released before the end of the year but I'm glad I was wrong.

Also missed opportunity to release on a Thursday ...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We planned to release on the 15th but Valve suggested that 14th is a better date. I assume they know better.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
We planned to release on the 15th but Valve suggested that 14th is a better date. I assume they know better.
Indie rpg developer known for going against popular opinions of mainstream gaming says about massive corporate conglomerate 'they know better'.

You heard it here folks, irontower sold out to valve, EA, Ubisoft, Activision...

did I miss anyone?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be honest, this is going to be a tough game to review. Very scripted and contextual, hard to analyze systemically, everybody will have his own opinion and his own experience. I guess that'll have to be good enough.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
To be honest, this is going to be a tough game to review. Very scripted and contextual, hard to analyze systemically, everybody will have his own opinion and his own experience. I guess that'll have to be good enough.
As hard as PST was or any other scripted story focused rpg.

What might make it harder to review is not the amount of text, it's the non linearity of the experience.

Players will not privy all of the content in one playthrough, the game constantly branches, and with the amount of writing involved and each players sensibilities, it's only natural that some classes and quest will naturally be more enjoyable than others, leading to very different experiences.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yeah, that's what I meant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom