Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Jordan Weisman and Mike McCain talk BattleTech at PAX Prime 2015

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mike McCain; Necropolis

An enthusiastic interviewer from a site called Tek Syndicate spoke to Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman and Mike McCain at PAX Prime about the upcoming BattleTech. Moreso than previous ones, this interview provides a concrete look at what BattleTech's general gameplay loop is going to be like. In addition to BattleTech, the video also contains a separate interview about Harebrained Schemes' other game, the procedurally generated Dark Souls-like Necropolis. Check it out:

I guess they do need to have BattleTech's gameplay stuff nailed down by now, because the interview also reveals that the Kickstarter is going to go live at the end of this month. Looks it's going to be back-to-back Kickstarters again.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mike McCain; Necropolis

An enthusiastic interviewer from a site called Tek Syndicate spoke to Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman and Mike McCain at PAX Prime about the upcoming BattleTech. Moreso than previous ones, this interview provides a concrete look at what BattleTech's general gameplay loop is going to be like. In addition to BattleTech, the video also contains a separate interview about Harebrained Schemes' other game, the procedurally generated Dark Souls-like Necropolis. Check it out:

I guess they do need to have BattleTech's gameplay stuff nailed down by now, because the interview also reveals that the Kickstarter is going to go live at the end of this month. Looks it's going to be back-to-back Kickstarters again.

Part of why I fail to comprehend why people think Fig is a bad idea. If inXile and Obsidian can take money from Bethesda and Bioware instead of HBS, Larian, and TSI then they should.

keppj0nes

Educated
"enthusiastic interviewer from a site called Tek Syndicate" lol these guys are pretty cool and they have provided pretty good coverage of non-mainstream games. Honestly this Battletech game sounds amaaazing to me, and my jaw nearly hit the floor when they started talking about the crescent hawks games...In another video they dismissed Barkley 2 a little too easily though so I kind of lost a bit of respect for their channel. I look forward to their videos but they typically only discuss these kind of games when they are in early development, and then never revisiting them upon release.

Also...Fig is a bad idea simply because Double Fine is involved. Tim Schafer wants to provide a financial cushion for dev companies while they shop around pitches to publishers NOT to provide funding directly to games...

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Managing 4 mechs, and skill trees for them. Start with low rep before the larger houses notice you, give you offers. You will have to decide what to repair, when your mechs are damaged (assuming you can't just click a FIX ALL buttan). It's a tactical game at the top, with a story underneath.

Sounds good in theory. I hope they can at least show some early combat prototype when they launch the KS. I'm still not expecting anything THAT elaborate, combat wise, so I guess we will just have to wait and see....

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Part of why I fail to comprehend why people think Fig is a bad idea. If inXile and Obsidian can take money from Bethesda and Bioware instead of HBS, Larian, and TSI then they should.

Yeah. Obsidian died when Ziets left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom