Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Harebrained Schemes to Kickstart BattleTech this Fall

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes

Harebrained Schemes just revealed their plans to Kickstart yet another Jordan Weisman creation. This time it's BattleTech. It's what was hinted at earlier when they were discussing another classic IP reboot.

13617.jpg

TACTICAL ‘MECH COMBAT RETURNS TO THE PC.

Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with Backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG ‘Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.​

There's not much else than a tweet and a newsletter sign-up at this point in time.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yay, Battletech!

Please don't be a limited tablet game.
it says "returns to the PC". it'd be hilarious if they'd push for some handheld bullshit, if that's what you mean.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
it says "returns to the PC". it'd be hilarious if they'd push for some handheld bullshit, if that's what you mean.

I meant a tablet game in spirit. Their Shadowrun games are extremely limited in both scope and gameplay, and are my biggest "big KS" disappointment thus far (precisely because I love the setting).

Drowed

Arcane
Mother of... This was unexpected. Turn-based Battletech?

Considering what they did with Dragonfall, I believe it's possible that it will be a good(ish) game, but... Will it be complex enough? TB-lite isn't bad, but Battletech deserves more.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I meant a tablet game in spirit. Their Shadowrun games are extremely limited in both scope and gameplay, and are my biggest "big KS" disappointment thus far (precisely because I love the setting).
Well, they ditched tablets with Hong Kong so there is hope they are going to ignore mobiles with this one too.

:hype:

Oh man, I'm just hoping they'll (mostly) stick to the original rules instead of streamlining crap out of it. I had a lot of fun playing around with MegaMek. Just do that with good AI and more modern graphics.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
aha.

"open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign"
I don't know what Mercenaries-style campaign is, but it sounds like the same sort of RPG-light mission structure as SRR.

Doma

Augur
Oh wow! Bring it on! Very hyped for SR:HK and with news like this, it seems I will be continuing to give them my money.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, do they mention at what point in the timeline this would be set? Because that is very important to me.

Fucking Jihad, grumble grumble.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Isn't Battletech the show that was spliced together from two Japanese shows?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom