Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #34: New Wiki, Release Date Next Week

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

In their last Kickstarter update from over a month ago, Harebrained Schemes announced that Shadowrun: Hong Kong would be content-complete by the 4th of July. Today's update doesn't really have much to say about that, though. Instead, it announces the launch of a new official Shadowun wiki, run by the omnipresent Tagaziel, with a focus on modding. Normally, that wouldn't be interesting enough for me to make a newspost about it, but Codexer eXalted spotted some interesting tidbits in the page describing the Shadowrun: Hong Kong editor's new features:
  • Spell Bouncing is a new effect that can be applied to dragon lines that causes spells cast while standing on them to have special effects. At it's most basic, a spell cast on an enemy will hit a target and bounce to another. This along with the new On Hit Effects can allow for some powerful spell-slinging opportunities.
  • The alert system has been overhauled and heat no longer rises for each turn the player is in the matrix or taking actions. This has been changed to a Yellow alert system that is raised when Personas or ESPs are within line of sight of IC or fail to hack Blocker IC.
  • With the advent of the new turn director, it is possible to toggle in and out of turn mode within the matrix if there is hostile IC around and it is not yet aware of the player.
  • The Turn Director has received a massive overhaul. It is now possible to toggle between turn mode and freemove if the player is not in combat but there are hostiles around.
The update does also have a short paragraph about the game's development status:

We’re in the home stretch of development and on-track for release! Stay tuned for more screenshots and a release date announcement next week. I have to say, it’s been amazing watching our art team grow and build off their visual successes in each new Shadowrun game. In addition to a great story and some very exciting game play & feature set improvements, Hong Kong is without a doubt our best-looking Shadowrun yet! I can’t wait for all of you to play it.
Release date announcement, huh? According to the game's new GOG preorder page, that's going to be August 31. I wonder if they just made that up.

Last edited by a moderator:

eXalted

Arcane
I don't know if this is known, but I wasn't aware of it

Cyberware Affinity
New skill that enhances your characters' ability to use cyberware and unlocks the ability to install powerful cybernetic enhancements

Cyberweapons
New cyberweapons that can be installed into your characters' arm slots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Was there any news about the expected length of this campaign? I enjoyed the first couple of games, but it felt that they ended just as my party was hitting their stride.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Was there any news about the expected length of this campaign? I enjoyed the first couple of games, but it felt that they ended just as my party was hitting their stride.
I think they were aiming for the same length as Dragonfall, but if you've followed the kickstarter, they've also funded a 4-5h mini campaign where you can import your high level characters when they're done with Hong Kong, that will be released later (seems like early 2016 now). If you haven't backed it on kickstarter, it will most likely be DLC though, sold separately for maximum $.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you haven't backed it on kickstarter, it will most likely be DLC though, sold separately for maximum $.
So... is this included in our codex fundraiser for those that backed at 15$?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If you haven't backed it on kickstarter, it will most likely be DLC though, sold separately for maximum $.
So... is this included in our codex fundraiser for those that backed at 15$?

Since this is included for regular backers it would be the same as the codex backers (just like Dragonfall was included).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom