Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Underrail Dev Log #40: Deep Caverns Slideshow

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

It hasn't been that long since the last Underrail update, but Styg still felt the need to reassure us that the game was still alive with a new one. It doesn't have much to say, but it does come with a screenshot slideshow, set to the tune of the background music of the Deep Caverns area which is now in development.

Hey guys, this is just going to be a quick update to let you all know we're still alive and working on the last segment of the game - the Deep Caverns. Much has been done, but there's still a considerable amount of work left. It's hard to reveal much about the area without spoiling the surprise of various challenges that will be presented to the player, but here's, at least, a slide show of couple of screenshots with some Deep Cavern music to set the mood.

That music is fantastic. In case you didn't know, it's made by Josh Culler, who is also the composer for NEO Scavenger. Quite a niche he's carving out for himself here.

Eddas

Learned
I can't decide if these updates are good or bad for me. I can't stand much more the wait to play the full version...

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Impressive... both visuals and music are very atmospheric. Count me as another one who is finding it hard not to delve into the underrail right now!

This game just keeps on getting better and better :bounce:

This might be premature, but I feel that it may compete with Fallout 1 and Deus Ex as my favorite game when it is released. :M

Aenra

/incline thread bumping

(the true one. Sans KS your money first, we'll see about it later)

edit: those moans in the back..sick puppy, i like

Diggfinger

Arcane
Haven't been so hyped for a game since...well, Arcanum I think!

:happytrollboy::happytrollboy::happytrollboy:Thank you Styg!!

And teh Codex made me aware of it's existence...:love:

- Digg

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
Are these caverns the final area of the game that needs to be completed? Or is there more to come?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really like it when I get more and more value beyond the purchase date.
Count me in if someday there'll be a collector's edition or even a boxed version of the game.

this track sounds like Fallout soundtrack met Diablo's :)

Diggfinger

Arcane
Are these caverns the final area of the game that needs to be completed? Or is there more to come?

To my understanding, the Deep Caverns is the final area of the game. Styg and the team are now polishing up the starting areas (graphically) and some last balancing/mechanics.

The game is great! But it takes a good portion of willpower to ignore goofy walking animation.

Walking looks just fine to me.

Anyway, if that's the biggest issue with the game I think we'll be fine:roll::roll:

- Digg

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a copy of Underrail stored on my Steam account. I will gift it to the first person to message me through Steam. Unless you own it already. Don't do that. Don't be an ass.

Drowed

Arcane
I bought Underrail when I was unemployed, using the money that was saved for transportation and food. (True story, really.)

This is how good it is .

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
each damn update makes me want to break my rule not to play early access/betas/etc

the trailer reminds me so much of when I saw Fallout for the first time, can't wait to play the game

Shevek

Arcane
Great game. The Oddity XP system is truly inspired. I have been casually checking this and love what has been done with feats. This new stuff looks great as well. The only thing I dont like as much is the itertwined crafting requirements but the crafting system as a whole is still quite good. I cant wait for final release.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wonder how many fuckin' reviews Underrail will have here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom