Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #18: A Look at the Art Design

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bard's Tale IV; InXile Entertainment; Matt Findley

There are now three days left for the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign. On Monday, Brian Fargo released a Kickstarter update recapping the campaign, in which he promised that inXile still had "quite a few things to share this week". The first of those things was released last night, in a Kickstarter update from second-in-command Matt Findley. In the included video, Matt describes inXile's art design and development process for BT4. There are lots of photos from their Scotland vacation, and also a few glimpses of raw footage from the prototype they used to make their in-engine video. Yep, it really is in-engine.

They've already set a time for the campaign wrap-up party, but the update promises "yet more detailed info on the game before the end". I guess there'll be more stuff today, but for now there's just this. Lulz.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
About 60 hours left and the speed of donations doesn't increase.

Just like I predicted. It will get 1,5mil, but not 1,7mil or even the 1,9mil.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About 60 hours left and the speed of donations doesn't increase.

Just like I predicted. It will get 1,5mil, but not 1,7mil or even the 1,9mil.

Actually, it has increased starting from yesterday:

dailypledges.png

(The day before would have been better too if a bunch of people hadn't dropped their pledges that day. +M )

Darkzone

Arcane
The Bard's Tale IV needs just a big push! Wait what is that at the end of the video around 2:40:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always prefer behind the scenes videos in updates to the typical "sales pitches".
This is where you can get a feeling if the people actually know what they are doing.

Simply admitting to "We did not build the game yet, this is just a level in Unreal with our art assets for a proof of concept" is so much more meaningful than "we plan to add this great looking feature".

Then again, being a developer myself I might be biased here.
Maybe less tech savvy people can't really do something with that information.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Bard's Tale IV needs just a big push! Wait what is that at the end of the video around 2:40:

Seriously, they really need some better video production people, it just feels unnatural and forced.

the video is a "pun" on the 80s, 90s TV teleshopping commercials.

So that's why Avellone quit his job? To hang out freely with the cool kids? :)

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
So that's why Avellone quit his job? To hang out freely with the cool kids? :)
In german there is a saying: "Schein oder sein." Which translated word meaning would be "shine or being". But overall this address more the aspect of having something or being a certain kind of whatever X wants to. And it seems that Chris Avellone has chosen the sein or being a RPG developer. That speaks good tones about him. Yes he is one of the cool kids and he hangs out with the cool kids and this a cool gang of RPGs developers. Or do you want to hang out with sour lemon face Sawyer, instead of hanging out with the cool kids, having fun and joking around.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
There will be an Q&A session at Facebook and Google+ hangouts or what ever they are called in 2 - 3 hours.
Here Google+ in around 2 hours.
Facebook Event.
It's just Google. The Facebook event is just to remind people.

I'm doing your job here and you are still nitpicking. Who is paid here, and for what. ;) Just a joke. I have no connection and interest for fuckbook, therefore this mistake is understandable. Thank you for your correction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom