Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #65: Director's Cut Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Eric Schwarz; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

inXile published a Wasteland 2 Kickstarter update today, mainly to announce the launching of the Wasteland 2 playing cards Kickstarter by Jackson Robinson. Unlike some other companies though, they know how to sweeten the deal with a little something more. In this case, some new screenshots from the upcoming Director's Cut:

The Director's Cut edition of Wasteland 2 is progressing well. We are running on all cylinders testing, polishing, and taking it through the required rigmarole for release. This includes the fun stuff – making sure the game is balanced and plays great – to the less exciting but still necessary, such as getting updated age ratings, re-doing the manual, creating new box art, and the big one, console certification.

We'll have more in-depth coverage as we get closer to release, but we wanted to share some brand-new screenshots and a few new clips from the trenches. Enjoy!

There's also a couple of Vines from a few days ago with short snippets of footage from the Director's Cut. Here's one that demonstrates the effects of the "Raised in the Circus" quirk:

Chris Avellone will surely be thrilled with this feature.

randir14

Augur
I hope the mod tools spur some knowledgeable person into making a high res texture pack.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Well, it looks good, but I still won't play it because I'll be waiting for the Special Edition of the Director's Cut, no doubt coming out to drum up attention for Torment. Doesn't anyone finish a game and move on any more? With the amount of time wasted spent on this they could be half way through Wasteland 3.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Are they serious with that stupid clown avatar?

Nevertheless, the upgraded version looks awesome. Can't wait to play it!

Last edited:
Weasel
Doesn't anyone finish a game and move on any more? With the amount of time wasted spent on this they could be half way through Wasteland 3.

Wasteland 2 needed more work tbh, so I'm glad they're improving the pc version, and I think they view whatever they make on consoles as free money as the pc version paid the development bills. They own this game, so it's not like they're just getting a small royalty like a publisher deal. And they'll now have a new version to put in a future Steam sale.

Besides, despite the typical Inxile stuff about "running on all cylinders" Fargo recently said they have 3 people working on this, with 90% of Inxile on Torment and a few on Bard's Tale.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Wasteland 2 needed more work tbh, so I'm glad they're improving the pc version, and I think they view whatever they make on consoles as free money as the pc version paid the development bills. They own this game, so it's not like they're just getting a small royalty like a publisher deal. And they'll now have a new version to put in a future Steam sale.

Besides, despite the typical Inxile stuff about "running on all cylinders" Fargo recently said they have 3 people working on this, with 90% of Inxile on Torment and a few on Bard's Tale.

I'm willing to give Fargo a pass on this since it was their first proper RPG project after suddenly rediscovering their true calling, and it was my first kickstarter, so if it makes the game the best it could be then I'll be reasonably happy. Not having played W2 (yet) I can't judge whether there's enough of a foundation there to make it worth enhancing but obviously the team felt it didn't live up to it's true potential. Despite all the glossy front and marketing bullshit it does seem that Fargo has feelings for this game (shockingly, he may not be a robot :eek:), so I can understand the urge to keep going, but I can't remember the last time I actually played a game that was finished, rather than one that just stopped being developed. Get some new ideas, write a new game and learn from your previous mistakes - don't just keep re-iterating until everyone is sick of it.

I'm not expecting any game to be perfect (wrong forum, correct?). If it keeps happening I'll have to write a strongly worded letter. :obviously:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, it looks good, but I still won't play it because I'll be waiting for the Special Edition of the Director's Cut, no doubt coming out to drum up attention for Torment. Doesn't anyone finish a game and move on any more? With the amount of time wasted spent on this they could be half way through Wasteland 3.

Other than maybe a patch or or two, I doubt they'll spend any more resources on this when they have Torment and Bard's Tale to work on. Support has to stop sometime.

Darkzone

Arcane
This:
Wasteland2_Concept04_Version03_120727_AW-520x670.jpg

With this music:

Gerneral Varges: This mission will be dangerous. Hell Razor is missing and Ace is dead. We got to send in the Clowns Team.

Shevek

Arcane
Are they serious with that stupid clown avatar?

Nevertheless, the upgraded version looks awesome. Can't wait to play it!
I dig it. Its gives me a very Killer Clowns From Outer Space/Six String Samurai vibe.

Shevek

Arcane

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It would take a miracle to get me interested in ever playing this game again. Guys, please please please stop working on it.

So, twitter cancer in video form. Fuck this world.

Look, man, if you're just now finding out about something that's existed for years I'm not sure "the world" is the one with problems.**

**I mean it totally is, but that's beside the point.

Gozma

Arcane
Why has the image of a dude crooked-wristing a carbine like it's a baby become the new universal understated badass pose

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Are these actual ingame screenshots? Or just more doctored up shit?

Brother None

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom