Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma - Released

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
Now also coming to PC:

Here’s the main gimmick, as described by Kirk: “The narrative trick is that every 90 minutes, a drug is injected from the watches everyone’s wearing that causes them to wake up and lose all their memories. The story can be played out of chronological order thanks to this mechanic, so you start from a ‘floating fragment’ screen that shows you the various scenes in the story.” It looks like this:

whudlliqqit2lcikztrl.jpg

The demo we watched started with Sigma locked to a chair while Zero monologued at him. Phi was next to him locked inside an incinerator. Diana stood between them and had to make the choice.

The cutscenes are in 3D, with a moving camera and actual in-game objects. The gun next to Sigma’s chair has 3 live rounds and three blanks. If Diana pulls the trigger it’ll shut down the incinerator whether or not the bullet is live, but she has a 50/50 chance of killing Sigma. In 3 minutes, the incinerator will start and kill Phi. If Diana pulls the trigger, the door will open but Sigma has a 50/50 chance of dying.

They decided to pull the trigger and told us it’s completely random what happens - they actually don’t know how it would turn out. The game calculates the odds each time. In this case, the bullet is a blank, Sigma lives and Phi is also saved from the incinerator. They say some of the choices throughout the game will have randomness like that. “When he says he doesn’t know how it’s gonna end, he means it.”

:yeah:

Martius

Liturgist
Well, it looks like they are at least trying again something bit different. I dont think going out of order was that bad but maybe I was just lucky enough to get into somewhere middle instead of worse possible one. On the other hand I was annoyed after realisation that I need to check endings again to get passwords and codes since Sigma would not remember them, unlike other things need for other roadblocks.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This thread should be in the weaboo sub-forum.

This randomness doesn't seem fitting, I liked how it was done in VLR, I got hooked so much I got a Platinum.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Holy shit! How long has this been announced!? I've lived in a world where the series was cancelled for so long!

The randomness thing sounds like an odd choice, but I trust the developer to do something clever with it.

And they're apparently not going to hold back on the dark content. Apparently they're not going to tone it down if they get a Z rating in Japan.

Fuck! I am so pumped!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, this and Danganronpa 3, plus Steins Gate 0 will be delicious.

Lucky

Arcane
This is a surprise, I'd been holding off on playing 999 and Virtue's Last Reward because I'd heard the series got cancelled. Here's to hoping that those two also get ported eventually.

Whisky

The Solution
This is a surprise, I'd been holding off on playing 999 and Virtue's Last Reward because I'd heard the series got cancelled. Here's to hoping that those two also get ported eventually.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The last thing done for 999 was porting it to the iPad...and removing all the puzzles.

But hey, the DS is easily emulated and the 3DS will soon be one day.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

GrainWetski

Arcane

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Whisky

The Solution

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Vita version screens: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016048&page=

3DS version screens: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016035&page=

I was always getting the Vita version, the 3DS version suffers graphically and I guess the audio will suffer, too.

What's a Vita?
Successor of PSP.
But it doesn't have games.

Fixed.

OFDx0xK.jpg

sure

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Vita version screens: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016048&page=

3DS version screens: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016035&page=

I was always getting the Vita version, the 3DS version suffers graphically and I guess the audio will suffer, too.

What's a Vita?
Successor of PSP.
But it doesn't have games.

Fixed.
I'd agree with you if I didn't own 60+ games for it.

flyingjohn

Arcane
New trailer:

Those animations look horrible,but as long as the writing stays strong i really don't care.

flyingjohn

Arcane
So pc only users will only have the third game in the series to play?
That seems weird,especially since Zero time dilemma is a sequel to virtue last reward and has characters from 999 as well.
But maybe they will port the other game later?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom