Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zaharia [Turn based indie RPG]

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I have a persistent bug during combat. Quite often, during my turn, there is no interface for my pawn, no key skips it. I was not able to win any battle because of that.
That's strange, let me send you an updated version of the prototype, let me know if it happens again.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Guise, I think the KS is going to be live in something like 8 hours from now. Be prepared. :takemyjewgold:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Do you mean 6PM(18:00)?
I'm surprised that I didn't write something worse. Something like "the game will have DLCs with modern weapons, an auto-leveling system and no actual choices". My brain is a little overloaded right now.

How much are You going to ask for the start? Also remember that a good movie is essential to success and standards of those go up everyday.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
It would be great if in subsequent updates, or in the pitch itself, there was more of a sense of where this game stands within the design space of currently existing games. It's pretty obvious to the folks here that in an RPG, combat should be tactical and dialogue should be important and choices should have consequences. But just saying so isn't quite enough.

For example, when in your pitch, you emphasize more complex stealth mechanics than were in the Infinity Engine games that work with real-time exploration AND turn-based combat, what exactly are you thinking of? JA2 stealth?
The stealth would be useful for stealing stuff and entering forbidden places, like it happens in Gothic series, for easily neutralize enemies that haven't discovered the party and for having a better positioning before a fight starts.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its say so right there, they are thinking commandos stealth, which is fucking awesome.

When you fuck up the stealth a fight could break out and thatd be turn based.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Wow , 200.000 $

I wish you guys the best of luck, but with no coverage from any major gaming portal , and with a new indie team it's gonna be a tough fight. Better start rolling the PR Engine asap

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
It would be great if in subsequent updates, or in the pitch itself, there was more of a sense of where this game stands within the design space of currently existing games. It's pretty obvious to the folks here that in an RPG, combat should be tactical and dialogue should be important and choices should have consequences. But just saying so isn't quite enough.

For example, when in your pitch, you emphasize more complex stealth mechanics than were in the Infinity Engine games that work with real-time exploration AND turn-based combat, what exactly are you thinking of? JA2 stealth?
The stealth would be useful for stealing stuff and entering forbidden places, like it happens in Gothic series, for easily neutralize enemies that haven't discovered the party and for having a better positioning before a fight starts.

That's all well and good but Gothic is a first person single character real time action RPG, not an isometric party and turn based game, which is why I mentioned JA2. How does it work or how do you envision it working? Cones of vision? Sound radius? Concealment/cover? Light levels? I can appreciate that you want to have something more than Infinity Engine style "hide" and "backstab" but it's hard to tell what you have in mind. If stealth is a major game mechanic it deserves a bit more explanation.
We'll cover these details in an update, the page needs can't be too long, but maybe we'll update the stealth section. Thank you for your feedback, this may help us.

getter77

Augur
Your composer has done truly excellent work indeed---I can't readily imagine a better outcome than having that first tune on the page there for all to hear and enjoy.

Murk

Arcane
Thinks are looking rad. I did chuckle when dudebro said 'focused' in the trailer video tho.

Still, fight on my good sirs o>

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Wow , 200.000 $

They're an Italian business, so they'll have to pay a 80% cut to the "union".
With the current italian situation, we'll need to spend a lot on taxes for each employee. When the situation is good, we spend around the 35-40% on taxes, but this happens only with a young, unemployed person, the percentage can go up to 60%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom