Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fucking FINALLY. Geez, took 'em long enough!

Hope my computer is good enough to run it with all the optimizations they shoved in.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
oXlwYv1.png

:deathclaw:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
unknown.png

19Kc.png

Fixed localization, eh?
Seems like the game is totally borked with several bugs , locked internal resolution and a €55 price point are only the icing on the top.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
why does footage of Ys 5 (ps2 remake) and Ys 6 and its spin-offs look better than footage of the more recent Ys 7 and 8?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What are the odds this game actually gets patched, vs becoming a complete localisation orphan like Nier Automata and has to get fanpatched?

Seems like YS was shoved out the door like an orphan child who has been written off but has to be shipped because legal contract and the game is probably going to sell like a dog.

Hopefully this means NIS will never get localisation work ever again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
NISAing: https://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/3228394392727675778

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Day 1 Report & Known Issues

Hello everyone,

Today we launched Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA for Steam and for GOG.com. Awareness of certain issues has arisen from both internal testing and from submissions from diligent players eager to dive into the game.

We appreciate your enthusiasm, and thank for your patience.

To begin, we have isolated one of the widest-reported bugs concerning crashes occurring on start and subsequent issues related to controller support. We have created a tutorial to temporarily solve the issue while we implement a permanent solution. You can find out more in our Troubleshooting Forum post here.

We are currently investigating all reports coming in to our Troubleshooting Forum, so please continue to report any and all issues you are encountering. We kindly request that you include additional relevant information such as the steps to reproduce and your system specs.

Known Issues as of 4/16/18:
-VSync is not working
-Audio Issues
-Slight flickering in light in Eroded Valley & Towering Coral Forest
-Full screen mode detection is currently not functioning well
-Irregular shadows
-Text errors
-Controller Issues (Detection, Joystick Input)

Roadmap/Order we plan on fixing:
-VSync issue to be fixed within 48 hours
-Controller Issues (Detection, Joystick Input)
-Fix flickering in Eroded Valley & Towering Coral Forest
-Fix irregular shadows
-Remaining issues noted above

With your help, we will address issues with the title, starting with critical fixes first such as client crashes, and proceeding from there. We would like to apologize for issues encountered, and reconfirm our commitment to fixing these issues in upcoming patches.

Thank you for your support,

-NISA Staff

Big Wrangle

Wait, didn't they delay it earlier for the exact same problem?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nope. They delayed it to fix the localization. Not only did they make it worse, they broke the game as well. But that's par course for NISA really. They are known to break games while translating it. The Witch and the Hundred Knight shipped in the west with a save corruption bug that was curiously absent from the JP release.

Big Wrangle

Man this is a whole new level of stupid, they could have sweeped the floor with the awards if we had video game company Razzies.

Deleted member 7219

They delayed the game which indicates they knew it was in a shoddy state of affairs.

They also said they would fix the localisation.

That they chose to release it like this, and say "Hey guys, we'll give you a patch", is highly revealing. These people do not deserve your money.

Fortunately I don't care much about the Ys series, but I dearly love the Trails games and would be heartbroken if they went to NISA. We know what to expect if they get the licence. Shitty ports, crappy localisation, zero fucks given.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Why are there so many freaking remakes of the first two titles? Which Ys games should I play? Apparently Ys 5 PS2 remake is not actually a remake at all but a completely different game?

Can someone post a Ys series title list for me? Which remakes are the go-to ones?

We've done similar discussions in the Dragon Quest thread(s) and the Final Fantasy thread(s).

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
(Note that 4 is about to get it's remake, Celceta, released on Steam soon. And it will most probably have a good port as it's handled by Xseed.
Also note that 5 is shit and you can easily just skip it over)

(Also also note that Oath in Felghana is the best Ys title and you should play it first)

(On Hard or Nightmare, as it unlocks further, more hype boss patterns)

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Also what is up with Steam's controller support? PC controllers are a solved problem; I have been using the same 360 controller for 10 years, works with every game seamlessly without having to do anything.

Suddenly Steam wants to take over controller support and you have to manually enable it, set a configuration, and play in the ghey-ass big picture mode, and half the time it doesn't fucking work anyway. God dammit.

More reason to go with GOG I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom