Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I got it from GOG so no achievements.

But wow...that completely ruins my image of him as a chaste and pure hero.
In Ys II there is an achievement for "measuring" a small boy:smug:

f99bff913f7b7f343e820a7df00d0237a2c02fc7.jpg

Adol Christin is a Sex Offender extraordinaire, in Ys: Memories of Celceta(the remake of 4) he can joke about trying to date rape a female companion.

2013_10_29_184643.jpg

2013_10_29_184654.jpg

2013_10_29_184700.jpg

2013_10_29_184711.jpg

2013_10_29_184725.jpg

2013_10_29_184728.jpg

2013_10_29_184734.jpg

2013_10_29_184741.jpg

And here's another scene from Celceta that shows that Adol isn't shy around the ladies.

2013_11_10_222812.jpg

2013_11_10_222816.jpg

2013_11_10_222831.jpg

2013_11_10_222835.jpg

2013_11_10_222844.jpg

2013_11_10_222848.jpg

This is the real reason why Adol ends up in jail so often in the series ^

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First of all, god bless XSEED, otherwise that probably wouldn't be as funny.

Second, I think Adol keeps his trap shut most of the time because all he can do is make snide remarks. Adol's Journal you get with the LE of Celceta must be an abridged down version, that leaves out every joke he makes about his female companions.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Been listening to the Ys VIII OST and it has some rather nice tracks, but then again, this is Falcom we're talking about here, I'd sooner expect the sun to rise from the west than for them to produce a lackluster OST.

Look forward to the english localization needless to say.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PS4 version of Ys VIII releases in JP on May 25th '16, and as you can expect, it's superior to the vita version.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...e-date-screenshots-comparison-ps-vita-60-fps/ (Screenshots in Link)

Today Nihon Falcom finally announced the Japanese release date of the PS4 Version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, that will hit the local shelves on May 25th, 2017.

The game, that has sold-through 100,000 copies on PS Vita in Japan, has been majorly upgraded for the PS4 version.

It will run at 60 frames per second, improving responsiveness to controls. On top of that, several visual improvements were implemented, including anti-aliasing, God rays, soft shadows, volumetric lighting, and more, displaying a more vivid, higher quality image.

Improvements don’t just involve visuals. A “counterattack” system will be introduced, doing exactly what it says on the tin: it’ll let the inhabitants of the Drifting Village mount counterattacks on enemy bases, in response to the village defense mechanic that was already implemented in the PS Vita version.

On top of that, the story will also be expanded with a new scenario that will depict the unknown past of the heroine Dana, while other PS4-exclusive features will be announced at a later date.

Below you can check out the first screenshots and the key art, alongside a comparison between the PS4 version and the PS Vita version.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana was released for PS Vita in Japan on July 21st, and neither version has been announced for a western release so far. The previous game of the series, Ys: Memories of Celceta, was released in the west as a joint effort between Xseed Games and NIS America between 2013 and 2014. Hopefully they’ll pick this one up as well.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
More details on why the upcoming (JP) PS4 version of Ys VIII is superior to it's Vita counterpart.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...ng-times-removal-visual-improvement-detailed/

In the wake of the announcement of the release date for the PS4 version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, the latest issues of Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation included interviews to Nihon Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo, who gave more color on the improvements that you can expect compared to the PS Vita version.

On top of what we learned earlier this week, Kondo-san mentioned that the increase from 30 FPS to 60 is just the beginning, the island will be more beautiful in elements like the transparency of the water, the contrast between light and shadows and the draw distance.

Pure visuals won’t even be the only improvement, as the Drifting Village and the surrounding landscape aren’t separate areas anymore, so now the transition between them is seamless. On the other hand, the PS Vita version had a loading screen between them. Kondo-san did not mention whether other loading times were removed on top of this one or not.

Last, but not least, Kondo-san mentioned that the game will support 4K on PlayStation 4 Pro.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will release in Japan for PS4 on May 25th, 2017. It was released locally for PS Vita on July 21st. Neither version has been announced for a western release so far. Hopefully, someone will announce it sooner rather than later.

Source: Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, yer followin' me? Ahhh, a constant stream of Trump tweets and tits. Hope they're not a bother!

In any case, Xseed are morons for not pushing the newer games to get on PC sooner. Now we're stuck with fucking Joyland.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Wait, yer followin' me? Ahhh, a constant stream of Trump tweets and tits. Hope they're not a bother!

In any case, Xseed are morons for not pushing the newer games to get on PC sooner. Now we're stuck with fucking Joyland.
Not exactly, I just saw that you favorited it on steam after checking out that feed earlier. No tweets on there about anything. :P

Whilst I have no intention of getting a chinese version of Seven, hopefully it does well enough that an english version comes out in the future.

tet666

Augur

XSeed doesn't port only translate.

jungl

Augur
ys, legend of heroes, recent tales games all suck. The games all feel like busy work even the writing in the story and character interactions. At least they do the soundtracks right.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well... there is an English fan-translated Windows version of Ys Celceta out there... too bad I don't really enjoy the VII-style games as much as I enjoyed the VI/Felghana-style games and I&II. I've tried it for a while and lost interest since the only reason I forced myself to play Ys VII is just to play as the anime cuties there.

ys, legend of heroes, recent tales games all suck. The games all feel like busy work even the writing in the story and character interactions. At least they do the soundtracks right.
They're games made for otaku alright. At least with old Ys games they know how to do action games right. And Trails in the Sky did character interactions right.

And by the way, that track from Ys VIII with sexy brunette pic is :greatjob:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's cool if these got PC ports, but they aren't as good as older Ys games, imo.

Archibald

Arcane
Whats random about it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom