Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite RTS games Poll

What are the best rts games that you have played ?

• Missed: Myth III: The Wolf Age - 2001

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Missed: Codename: Panzers, Phase One - 2004

• Missed: Colony Wars - 1997

• Missed: Ground Control II: Operation Exodus - 2004

• Missed: Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord - 2000

• Missed: Plants vs. Zombies - 2009

• Missed: AI War: Fleet Command - 2009

• Missed: Gene Wars - 1996

• Missed: Gender Wars - 1996

• Missed: Act of War: Direct Action - 2005

• Missed: Empire Earth II - 2005

• Missed: Blitzkrieg - 2003

• Missed: American Conquest - 2003

• Missed: Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps - 2003

• Missed: Empires: Dawn of the Modern World - 2003

• Missed: Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends - 2006

• Missed: Medieval Conquest - 2004

• Missed: Arena Wars - 2004

• Missed: Theocracy - 2000

• Missed: Anno 2070 - 2011

• Missed: Orcs Must Die! - 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
So what are your favorites RTS/Hybrid games ? this poll would be alot bigger but i reached the choices limit twice.But i have notice the quality and quantity of rts games have be dumbed alot past 2007 and i dont think there any worth rts game past starcraft 2(if starcraft 2 is a worth rts game itself).

Not all this games are pure RTS,some are hybrids like the total war series and maybe some are not even rts games,i used gamerankings to track the rts games year by year here:

https://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=pc&cat=58&year=1999&numrev=2&sort=0&letter=&search=

There away too much rts games so i pretty sure i have missed alot good rts games.

10 votes per user !

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kohan: Ahriman Gift should be the main Kohan version, as it was the one with the longest lifetime. Where is Shogun: Total War 1? It was the only one with a bearable strategic layer IMO (Medieval could work as long as you didn't have too many provinces, which sadly happened to be one of the game win conditions).

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
Kohan: Ahriman Gift should be the main Kohan version, as it was the one with the longest lifetime. Where is Shogun: Total War 1? It was the only one with a bearable strategic layer IMO (Medieval could work as long as you didn't have too many provinces, which sadly happened to be one of the game win conditions).

Damn yes i forgot that game ! mainly because in gamerankings is labeled as turn based instead of rts,anyway the game is great i think is the best atmosphere in the series.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I started Homeworld: Remastered yesterday and it made me remember how much I despise RTS games. Anyway to downvote?

Grif

Learned
Honestly some of the last few choices could have been excised. Anno 2070??? Orc Must Die???

These two are not even considered RTS by any standard except that it is real time. Their focus are on an entirely different aspect. (Logistic simulator for Anno, Tower Defense for OMD)

Absinthe

Arcane
Commandos is not an RTS either. Good game, but wrong genre. Plants vs Zombies is not an RTS either. This list needs help.

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
Commandos is not an RTS either. Good game, but wrong genre. Plants vs Zombies is not an RTS either. This list needs help.

I Disagree,Commandos games plays in real time and its requires strategy ! tatics games are also strategy games,RTS dont need to be "collect resource raise army crush enemies" type of games.Same for Plants vs Zombies tower defenses games requires strategy too !

Last edited:
Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
Where are the Dawn of War 1 games on the list?!

There only one Dawn of war 1 game.Dark crusade,Winter Assault and Soulstorm are expansions.
Soulstorm was stand alone and didn't have content from basic game. That can easily be counted as a seperate game.
It had a different and more fun campaign even.

I did not know that but still stand alone expansions still a expansion,zero hour are also better than generals but stil a expasion you know.

Absinthe

Arcane
I Disagree,Commandos games plays in real time and its requires strategy ! tatics games are also strategy games,RTS dont need to be "collect resource raise army crush enemies" type of games.Same for Plants vs Zombies tower defenses games requires strategy too !
:what:

I think it's plainly obvious that you don't see the issue with abusing language, but these are all blatantly not RTS games and people are unlikely to vote for them regardless of whether they are good games or not simply because they do not belong on an RTS list. According to your fool logic, I suppose Lemmings is a real-time strategy game too, and Worms would be a turn-based strategy game. But if you were to advertise them as such any sane person familiar with those genres would be rightly pissed at you for misrepresenting what kind of game it is.

None of those are RTS games. Don't be a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Age of Empires II with the Conquerors expansion is still the best and most easily accessible game in the genre.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Truth be told, if you're going to get anal about the strategy part, most RTS games that just have scenario-based campaigns don't have a lot of strategy involved, it's essentially still tactical stuff that you do.

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
:what:

I think it's plainly obvious that you don't see the issue with abusing language, but these are all blatantly not RTS games and people are unlikely to vote for them regardless of whether they are good games or not simply because they do not belong on an RTS list. According to your fool logic, I suppose Lemmings is a real-time strategy game too, and Worms would be a turn-based strategy game. But if you were to advertise them as such any sane person familiar with those genres would be rightly pissed at you for misrepresenting what kind of game it is.

None of those are RTS games. Don't be a fucking idiot.

Well thats just your opinion.i still think Commandos and Plants vs Zombies games are RTS

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
If Syndicate Wars is an RTS, then Cannon Fodder is as well.

Will the 2018 newfags make us nostalgic for 2017 newfags?

Like i said there some games on the list that maybe not be RTS games which is not the case with Commandos games(which are RTS games).

Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
Okay...Commandos,Total War,Ground Control,Myth,Warhammer Dark Omen are Real time tatics games which is a subgenre from RTS so its still valid to put this games in the poll.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Too many missing titles here for me too vote. Either list everything, or break it down into multiple polls somehow. AoE II is still the greatest RTS of all time though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom