Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your fantasy space 4x features?

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
If you could do anything at all you want. Feel free to rip features from many games and glue them together.

I love space 4x concept but I have never been wholly satisfied with one of them. There's always some issue or a laundry list of them that somehow keep them from being truly amazing games though many come close especially MOO series.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would like to see a 4X space strategy where every single race is completely unique in its technology and style of play. Something like a mix of MoO2 and Cavewars, with great AI and expanded diplomacy that would allow secret deals.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After experiencing the rtwp in Stellaris, I don't really want to go back.
So I'd go with that first of all.

Then I would like:
- Distinct, memorable, completely different gameplay-wise races.
- Interesting early-game exploration and initial contact stuff (Stellaris is close to that)
- Good AI that pursues goals actively as the player does
- Clear, well-defined, robust, combat mechanics. No need for huge fleets or 9234234 pieces to design spaceships. But Battleships(or any other class) with names, crews, captains. That when you lose one you really remember it.
- Interesting, balance-changing mass events.
- Proper diplomacy finally, in some way, and not only a trading of "points" through a vague system.
- Intriguing end goals that are not just assimilation of points. Something like achieving an superior state as a species that transcends you above all others... Or something like that.

If someone makes something close to all these before I'm dead, I will pay them a months salary

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom