Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your CRPG/Squad Tactics Backlog

roshan

Arcane
Well it looks like the stream of RPGs never ends, and if you haven't been playing these past few years, you're probably never going to catch up on all the games. So....

a. Which of the games have you already played?
b. Which games are you currently in the process of playing?
c. Which games have you purchased but not yet started playing?
d. Which games do you intend to purchase and play in the future that you are most interested in?
e. Which games might you purchase and play in the future that you are not so much interested in, I.E. you would buy these RPGs if you ran out of other games to play, or on a large discount?
f. Which unreleased games have you already backed or preordered? (you can also include upcoming releases in the above categories if applicable)

You can include squad based games and other games related to RPGs. So here's mine:

a. Already played: Lords of Xulima, Dragonfall, Banner Saga, Shadowrun Returns, Halfway, Serpent in the Staglands, Invisible Inc
b. Currently playing: Antharion
c. Purchased but not played: Telepath Tactics
d. Intend to purchase/play (high priority): Shadowrun Hong Kong, Underrail, Banner Saga 2, Copper Dreams
e. Might purchase/play (low priority): Wasteland 2 Enhanced, D:OS Enhanced, Age of Decadence, Blackguards, STASIS, Darkest Dungeon, BEDLAM, Torment Tides of Numenera
f. Backed/Preordered: None

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
a. Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall, D:OS (unfinished), Wasteland 2 (unfinished), Twitch3r (unfinished), Pillars of Eternity (unfinished)
b. Shadowrun Ching Chong
c. D:OS Enhanced Edition, Wasteland 2 Director's Cut
d. Age of Decadence, Underrail, Copper Dreams, D:OS 2, TToN
e. Serpent in the Staglands, Mordheim, SanctuaryRPG, NEO Scavenger, Dankest Dungeon, Bedlam, HyperDimension Neptunia, Valkyria Chronicles, Battletech, PoE RPGOTY Complete Director's Cut
f. none

Last edited:

PeachPlumage

Cipher
a. Shadowrun: Returns, Shadowrun: Dragonfall
b. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
c. Wasteland 2, Banner Saga
d. Copper Dreams, BattleTech, Hard West
e. Bedlam, NEO Scavenger, Underrail
f. None atm but will probably back Copper Dreams and BattleTech

Question- Does c. include older non kickstarter games? and does f. Include backed kick starters of the past e.g Wasteland 2 etc?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I begun my chronological playthrough of games before the incline started, and I don't want to abandon the project now that I'm in retro mode. So I haven't played any of the new games. Tried Expeditions: Conquistador, but it was badly optimized and ran slower than a fat Dane.

Open X-Com is next on my list (never played any of the original X-Com games). But the older I get the harder I find it to work up the enthusiasm to learn new games (if they are complex), so I'm currently playing some user made maps for HoMM 2.

Last edited:

Amn Nom

Learned
Well it looks like the stream of RPGs never ends, and if you haven't been playing these past few years, you're probably never going to catch up on all the games. So....

d. Which games do you intend to purchase and play in the future that you are most interested in?
e. Which games might you purchase and play in the future that you are not so much interested in, I.E. you would buy these RPGs if you ran out of other games to play, or on a large discount?
f. Which unreleased games have you already backed or preordered? (you can also include upcoming releases in the above categories if applicable)

You can include squad based games and other games related to RPGs. So here's mine:
a. Divinity: Original Sin (really good), Pillars of Eternity (ok, end of chapter 2 made me quit), Shadowrun Returns (really bad), Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall (really good), The Witcher 3 (good for what it was I guess), Serpants in the Staglands (ok, technical issues stopped me from enjoying it), and Telepath Tactics (ok, please hire an artist Craig).
b. Only Dragon's Crown, which isn't an RPG.
c. Van Helsing II + III, I'm waiting on the final cut. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition because its not out yet. Might & Magic X because I haven't been in the mood for a blobber.
d. Shadowrun: Hong Kong because I really enjoyed Dragonfall. Undertale because the premise looks interesting. Underrail when it officially launches. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC because its a CRPG as far as I'm concerned and one of the best ARPGs in years.
e. Neo Scavenger, I typically dislike roguelikes, but the premise has me interested.
f. Divinity: Original Sin 2. The first kickstarter game I've backed because of how good the original was.

roshan

Arcane
Question- Does c. include older non kickstarter games? and does f. Include backed kick starters of the past e.g Wasteland 2 etc?

Well you can add older games to "c" if it's still in your backlog. And "f" is mostly meant for upcoming games, since if the game is released it would fall into another category.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
a. D:OS(the best),WL2(good but didnt finish due to lack of polish of end game, will replay DC), PoE(nice), Shadowrun Returns(ok), Shadowrun Dragonfall(sweet), Dead State(dropped it when I reached the point where you just wait for the days to pass..),Massive Chalice(since we include squad based, pretty good imo), NEO Scavenger(too hard for me :p)....and probably Im forgetting sth
b. Blackguards. Me likey.
c. Shadowrun Hong Kong, Transistor, Trails in the Sky, Telepath Tactics
d.Underrail, AoD, TToN, Bedlam, Hard West, Battle Bros
e. SitS, Fallout 4(I know Im ashamed), Witcher 3(moar shame), Antharion, Lords of Xulima
f. D:OS2, Battletech, Regalia, Bards Tale

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Can't edit my post for some reason :( anyway

a. Shadowrun: Returns, Shadowrun: Dragonfall
b. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
c. Wasteland 2, Banner Saga, Jagged Alliance 2, Expeditions: Conquistador, Silent Storm, Icewind Dale 1&2, TOEE, Xenonauts
d. Copper Dreams, BattleTech, Hard West
e. Bedlam, NEO Scavenger, Underrail
f. None atm but will probably back Copper Dreams and BattleTech

Dorateen

Arcane
a. Might & Magic X, Elminage Gothic
b. Pillars of Eternity with The White March, FRUA
c. Grimoire (not playing due to circumstances out of player's control)
d. Bard's Tale IV, D:OS 2, Seven Dragon Saga, Swords & Sorcery: Sovereign, KotC 2, Siege of Dragonspear
e. none. I don't purchase, let alone play, RPGs I'm not interested in.
f. Grimoire (see above)

Zetor

Arcane
I think generating an infinite backlog of good cRPGs is easier than ever, assuming you haven't played every single 1980s/1990s classic already... so I'm just going to list kickstarter-era stuff.

a. Shadowrun Returns (good), Shadowrun Dragonfall (great), Shadowrun Hong Kong (good), Wasteland 2 (OK, will replay after EE), D:OS (great, will replay after EE), Pillars of Eternity (OK-to-good), Blackguards (good), Paper Sorcerer (good, on hold ATM)
b. Telepath Tactics (good-to-great, just mind the bugs!)
c. Warmachine Tactics (AI patch when?), Serpent in the Staglands (next in queue), Lords of Xulima (low priority), Underrail (waiting for release), Expeditions:Conquistador (low priority), Satellite Reign (low-ish priority)
d. Banner Saga (bundled with BS2, perhaps), Invisible Inc (asap), Battle Brothers (after it's released)
e. Halfway, AntharioN (I have an irrational dislike of games that capitalize the last letter of their name), Hard West (maybe), Chroma Squad
f. Bard's Tale IV, DOS 2, Battletech

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
a. Already played this year: Lords of Xulima, Underrail, System Shock II, Mount&Blade:Warband (stoped), Shadowrun Hong Kong, Halfway (stoped because shit), Serpent in the Staglands (stoped because patching, then forgot)
b. Currently playing: MM6
c. Purchased but not played: Blackguards, Geneforge 1-5, Age of Decadence, Gothic II, Risen II
d. Intend to purchase/play (high priority): WL2 EE (own), Div:OS EE (own), Battle Brothers, Telepath Tactics, AntharioN
e. Might purchase/play (low priority): Darkest Dungeon, BEDLAM, Convoy, Sunless Sea, South Park: Stick of Truth
f. Backed/Preordered: Torment Tides of Numenera, Bard's Tale IV (Fargo... stahp), Divinity II

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You forgot an important category.

a. Already played: SR: Dead Man's Switch, SR: Dragonfall, Dead State, South Park: Stick of Truth
b. Currently playing: Shadowrun: Hong Kong
c. Owned but not played: Telepath Tactics, Serpent in the Staglands, Red Solstice, Jagged Alliance: Flashback, CONSORTIUM, D:OS (waiting for EE), Xenonauts
d. Intend to purchase/play: Wasteland 2 DC, D:OS Enhanced, Age of Decadence, Seven Dragon Saga, Underrail
e. Might purchase/play: Blackguards, Invisible Inc., Valkyria Chronicles, Underworld Ascendant
f. Backed/Preordered: XCOM 2, Darkest Dungeon, Divinity: Original Sin 2 ("Originaller Sin"), Torment: TON, Bard's Tale IV, This is the Police, Halcyon 6, Dungeons of Adelorn, InSomnia, Chaos Reborn, Unsung Story, The Mandate, Hard West, Project Phoenix, Forsaken Fortress
g. Began playing but abandoned: Antharion, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Satellite Reign, MASSIVE CHALICE, Wasteland 2 (waiting for DC), Witcher 3

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

g. Began playing but abandoned: Antharion, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Satellite Reign, MASSIVE CHALICE, Wasteland 2 (waiting for DC), Witcher 3
Technically, it would be a subset of already played, as you played these up to your tolerance level already.

sser

Arcane
Developer

a. Already played: SR: Dead Man's Switch, SR: Dragonfall, Dead State, South Park: Stick of Truth
b. Currently playing: Shadowrun: Hong Kong
c. Owned but not played: Telepath Tactics, Serpent in the Staglands, Red Solstice, Jagged Alliance: Flashback, CONSORTIUM, D:OS (waiting for EE), Xenonauts
d. Intend to purchase/play: Wasteland 2 DC, D:OS Enhanced, Age of Decadence, Seven Dragon Saga, Underrail
e. Might purchase/play: Blackguards, Invisible Inc., Valkyria Chronicles, Underworld Ascendant
f. Backed/Preordered: XCOM 2, Darkest Dungeon, Divinity: Original Sin 2 ("Originaller Sin"), Torment: TON, Bard's Tale IV, This is the Police, Halcyon 6, Dungeons of Adelorn, InSomnia, Chaos Reborn, Unsung Story, The Mandate, Hard West, Project Phoenix, Forsaken Fortress

Satellite Reign no bueno?

Avellion

Erudite
a. Divinity: Original Sin, Lords of Xulima, UnderRail, Serpent in the Staglands, Pillars of Eternity, Xenonauts
b. Pool of Radiance
c. nothing
d. Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced edition, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, The Mandate (I regret not backing this)
e. Torment: Tides of Numenera (I have high hopes for good writing, but I dont have too much faith in InXile), Age of Decadence
f. Divinity: Original Sin 2

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
a. D:OS, WL2, Blackguards, Shadowrun Returns : DMS, AntharioN , The Banner saga, Halfway, Chroma Squad, Dex, Drums of War, Paper Sorcerer, South Park: The Stick of Truth
b. Telepath Tactics (very good so far), PoE (abandoned because of bugs, will start again), Elminage Gothic (slowly progress), NEO Scavenger
c. Shadowrun : Dragonfall and Hong Kong, Serpents in the Staglands, Legend of Grimlock 2, Lords of Xulima, Invisible Inc., Massive Chalice, Xenonauts, The Darkest Dungeon, Warmachine Tactics, Transistor
d. MMX, Sunless Sea, Underrail, Age of Decadence
e. Hard West, BEDLAM
f. Dungeons of Aledorn, Torment: TON, Bard's Tale 4, Regalia, Unsung Story, The Mandate, Project Phoenix, Omori

Morkar Left

----Wasteland 2, SR:R, SR:DF, Dead State, PoE, Blackguards, Ghost Control, Avernum: EftP, Witcher 1
----Tomb Raider (hey you get XP, but the controls are horrible), Empyrion: Galactic Survival (supposed to get some rpg mechanics)
----SR:HK, Satellite Reign, Lords of Xulima, Game of Thrones, Mars: War Logs, System Shock Enhanced Edition (Suck it!), Quest for Infamy, Icy, Divinity 2, Witcher 2+3
----Copper Dreams, Battletech, Underworld (charles game), Frayed Knights 2, AoD
e. Which games might you purchase and play in the future that you are not so much interested in, I.E. you would buy these RPGs if you ran out of other games to play, or on a large discount? Invisible Inc, PoE with addons, MMX
----Hard West, Hero-U, Bards Tale 4, Barkley 2, Torment, Dungeons of Aledorn, Mages Initiation... I think that's it

Fargus

Arcane
a. Waaay too much.
b. Currently Shadowrun HK and Legends of Eisenwald. Not sure if i finish either of them before AoD release...
c. PotatofuckerWitcher 3, Serpent in Staglands, Satellite Reign. Tons of other shit i don't even remember buying on steam
d. Expeditions: Rapists, Divinity: Unoriginal Romance 2
e. No idea
f. AoD, Underrail, Torment: ToN, Xcom 2, Battle Brothas

Saduj

Arcane
a. Dead State, D:OS, Icy, SRR, SR: DF, SR:HK, Wasteland 2, Expeditions Consquistador
f. AOD, Underrail, Grim Dawn
abandoned: Space Hulk Ascension

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom