Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You Age of Decadence fanbois are losing it....

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Not one thread about how WoW now scales to your level? What is fucking going on with this site?

Nael

Arcane
giphy.gif

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
AoD is for adults that like rpgs. WoW, since the destroyed it after WotLK by making it as kid friendly as possible, is for kids. The audiences don't overlap. I doubt AoD fans know what is going on in ToonTown and almost every other little kids games too.

I did hear about an official vanilla server and would definitely pick up wow again for that.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Forum's dead since there are no good non-weeb MMOs for the Codex to enjoy these days

Grab the Codex by the pussy
AoD is for adults that like rpgs.

Kids --------------------------------------------Grown Ups

Game of Thrones--------------------------------The Accursed Kings

Generic Cop Shows------------------------------The Wire

Generic Action Movies---------------------------Elite Troop

Sopranos----------------------------------------Gomorra

Generic cRPGs-----------------------------------Age of Decadence

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I believe this was discussed briefly in the WoW thread. No one cared there either.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
AoD is for adults that like rpgs.

Kids --------------------------------------------Grown Ups

Game of Thrones--------------------------------The Accursed Kings

Generic Cop Shows------------------------------The Wire

Generic Action Movies---------------------------Elite Troop

Sopranos----------------------------------------Gomorra

Generic cRPGs-----------------------------------Age of Decadence

It is good to see someone appreciate Les Rois Maudits. Let me salute you with my monocle!

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
AoD is pretty good my main gripe is I just wish that game didn't have combat and instead just auto-resolved combat for you based on stats or whatever.

So you wish games didn't have the whole game part to them? Why not just watch Anime and read books? I think its great a little kid played AoD but, come on. Play as the merchant if you want to skip all the game and treat the game as a book with a character you can move around.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Because the combat in AoD is pretty much about your stats and skills anyway. Fluff asides with all the different attacks, due to focus on dumping all your point to your main skills, asides some endgame encounters, combat is not that hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom