Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Yooka-Laylee, Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor from ex-Rare employees

Ivan

Arcane
Spiritual successor to Rare's Banjo Kazooie games, music by David Wise and Grant Kirkhope, Playtonic's new project just went live on KS today. It looks gorgeous and I couldn't back fast enough.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

I get feels watching and hearing that. It's going to be awesome gif.

Some old tunes to get hyped:

Last edited:

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I backed it immediately. The bat's nose really bothers me artistically, but the game looks promising. This made me go buy a copy of banjo kazooie on eBay so I could go back and play that again too.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Somehow just heard of this now. Wise and Kirkhope are behind some of my favourite video game tracks, and I always wanted a Banjo-Threeie. Not expecting the game to be all that good (moneys on it somehow being an even easier version of BK, it's just the way things tend to go), but I'll throw in a bit for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funded at $3.25M: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/posts/1266484

Thank You All So Much!
[Note: Some selected tiers are still available via PayPal for a limited time from our website - see link below]

47 days ago we started this Kickstarter campaign - our first Kickstarter - with little idea of what we were letting ourselves in for.

We know how to make games, but we didn't know much about Kickstarters. We'd taken plenty of advice from plenty of people, but really didn't know how it would turn out. We were still amending and tweaking the Kickstarter page minutes before we went live, to see what could be added, what would look better, what could be said more clearly.

The rest of course, is history, but through these past 47 days we've felt an incredible level of positive support from everyone, whether they opted to back us or not. For that, we are extremely grateful!

What's next? Well, some sleep (right now), then onwards to create a game that, at the end of 2016, lives up to your expectations, and that in years to come you can look back and be proud to be involved with.

Raise your virtual glass to the next exciting installment!

Ivan

Arcane
set to release in Q1 2017. it looks amazing. can't wait to get my hands on it.

YL_Glide.png

YL_Nimbo.png

YL_Online4.png

i just hope for 2 things: a strong difficulty and no nightmare inducing sharks (pls)

Infinitum

Scholar
Only hoping they'll template this on the original Banjo-Kazooie. Never could stomach those fuckhuge empty levels in the sequel; also most of the new mechanincs were boring and/or bullshit.

Ivan

Arcane
They took 60 bux from backers and now it'll cost 40 at release?:lol:

$15 (PC). Backed with pleasure. i love these platformers.
:greatjob:
just hoping they don't throw in shark jump scares...that scarred my childhood

Last edited:

Severian Silk

Is the game too easy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom