Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, I kinda miss quest markers, where the hell is the entrance to Abanabi, the main entrance is blocked so trying to find another entrance is giving me a major headache. Found a tomb nearby, after finally clearing it out and finding Skull Crusher, turned out to be related to an Imperial cult questline and not to the Imperial Legion one.

Thanks to alchemy, money is no issue, any recommendation to the best enchant or item to purchase for Invisibility and Levitation equipment? If I want to find locations I want to do so without having to engage in combat every few seconds.

I'll probably install another mod for my next playthrough to make wild life or something stay away from me if I am higher levels.

Also any tips will be great for constant Night Eye and Feather, for best vendors to purchase gems from and best items to enchant, things like that for quality of life.

Edit:
Reading this.
I think I am going to use the Fortify Intelligence exploit with Alchemy to increase my enchant rating, if I understand correctly, having very high enchants gives you 100% success enchanting but also its free to make and cost cheap to cast so I think that't the best approach.

Only need to find already filled gems with high level souls to purchase and Exquisite Amulets and Rings to make things for Traveling. If I can will try and make constant effect of Invisibility and Levitation so I don't have to keep casting them if they have the default duration.

I saw some scrolls with restore magica, wonder if there really is a spell to make an item with a constant effect of restoring that, will free up a lot of wight from carrying potions of restoring magica.

Edit2:
Invisibility potion is also a little weird, not sure if its because of the devs thought it was overpowered or something. When I make a Levitation potion it has 100sec or something duration but when I make invisibility it has 30 or something duration, what's up with that shit, that's kinda fucked up.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Thanks to alchemy, money is no issue, any recommendation to the best enchant or item to purchase for Invisibility and Levitation equipment? If I want to find locations I want to do so without having to engage in combat every few seconds.

I'll probably install another mod for my next playthrough to make wild life or something stay away from me if I am higher levels.

If you want a more challenging Morrowind experience, I suggest you use the following mods:

- BTB's Game Improvements
- HotFusion's Economy Adjusted (Crime and Merchant modules)
- Service Requirements (BTB Edit)

And regarding wild life, I suggest Pasive Healthy Wildlife. That should make your second playthrough much more enjoyable.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter

Ha-ha, he thinks flying will save him!

Anyway, Golden Saints (hang around Daedric ruins when you're high enough level) and Ascended Sleepers (blight creatures) have the most powerful souls for enchanting (not counting certain named individuals, but they need a special artifact to capture. Speaking of, the special artifact is reusable, which is good. The only merchant with a respawning stock of empty soul gems is in Godsreach if you have the Tribunal expansion - if you don't, you'll only have access to a limited number of them. Generally, shields and jewellery have the greatest potential to hold an enchantment.

As for specific enchantments, if you're playing a heavily armoured fighter, enchanting your armour with Strength or Feather is a good idea, since the best pieces (esp. with ribunal installed) are REALLY FUCKING HEAVY. Strength is generally better than Feather, since besides allowing you to carry more, it also increases the strength of your blow; on the other hand, it's possible to get so strong that your weapons will very frequent repair, as stronger blows degrade them faster.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Invisibility potion is also a little weird, not sure if its because of the devs thought it was overpowered or something. When I make a Levitation potion it has 100sec or something duration but when I make invisibility it has 30 or something duration, what's up with that shit, that's kinda fucked up.
If you pump up your enchant skill to a sufficient level, you can create constant effect enchantments (requires a Golden Saint or Winged Twilight soul gem). If you make a ring or other wearable item imbued with permanent invisibility, its effect will still end when you take any action that would terminate a normal invisibility spell (e.g. swinging a weapon, casting a spell, opening a door) but you can immediately restart the enchantment simply by unequipping and reequipping the ring. Or you could make things even easier by enchanting items with constant effect chameleon, as 100% or more of this acts as an invisibility that never ends. If you've ever obtained the Amulet of Shadows (80% chamelon for 60 seconds), you should know how overpowered this can be.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I need OpenMW in my life so we can run shaders like these with little performance loss.

Morrowind_2017_03_12_15_24_25_520.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Apart from the DoF and such, I agree. It baffles me that so much effort is wasted on Skywind which is already graphically antiquated, when the same effort could be spent on OpenMW which has limitless potential.

I was testing the framerate by turning on every single MGE XE feature. I don't really like the DoF, though it does make things stand out against the background.

Skywind will be so much shit and people will quickly move on once TES VI is released, whereas OpenMW, like you said, would have limitless potential. I just want to play slightly modded Morrowind at 60fps. :negative:

is there a mod to make NPC's talk when you have a conversation with them? games just a bit dull,boring an dated for me with all the reading an shit lol

I might have to buy Morrowind because I am sick of waiting for Skywind..

A lot of nostalgic fanboys in the comments.
I hate them. Practically they prefer a 1950 game than a 2017 game xD
Morrowind came out in 2002, Skyrim came out in 2011. What the fuck are you talking about?
WHO THE FUCK SAY SOMETHING 'BOUT SKYRIM?? I just say that some people are faggot af and they say new games sucks and olds are better.
Jesus christ lad do you have actual unironic autism or something?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Just starting playing Morrowind again after completing Oblivion a few weeks ago. I'm having fun with it. With the right build the beginning of the game isn't nearly as "hardcore" as people like to make it seem. I'm enjoying the lack of quest markets, makes you pay more attention the lore and plot of each quest which makes for a more immersive experience.

Rolled a Dunmer Spear user who uses Alteration and Restoration to some effect, some skill in Long Blade. The Lady. Main stats are Endurance and Speed just for that little extra boost at the beginning of the game.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Why do a lot of the "Dagoth ___" look like dwemer?

9EjQbL5.jpg

200px-Dwemergeist.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom