Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Yet another EU4 MP game

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ok :>

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

If Portugal doesnt suit you you can pick other less-important nation, but make sure to at least check it out in sp - it isnt fun watching your nation crymble in slow motion that is multiplayer. The point is nobody will give you France, its too important to destroy.

Krash

Arcane
I wouldn't mind playing France, but Poland or Sweden would be fun as well.

I hope everyone's learnt their lesson about letting other players blob unhindered. ;)

Also, I'd suggest a predetermined end date (1600, 1650?)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
lucky nations on.

definite no. lucky nations balances the blatant OPness of the player in SP. in MP it's just a plain advantage that translates to frustrating levels of imbalance as the game progresses. it hugely favors blobbing.
also, ledger needs to be off.

Quite on the contrary in this setup lucky nations will serve as a way of stopping fringe eastern nations from conquering their way up to India and China. Because we have a block of lucky Russia/Ottomans on the way.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
lucky nations on.

definite no. lucky nations balances the blatant OPness of the player in SP. in MP it's just a plain advantage that translates to frustrating levels of imbalance as the game progresses. it hugely favors blobbing.

Quite on the contrary in this setup lucky nations will serve as a way of stopping fringe eastern nations from conquering their way up to India and China. Because we have a block of lucky Russia/Ottomans on the way.
agree to disagree

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
lucky nations on.

agree to disagree

Any arguments? The only situation where I can see lucky nations favoring some players is when a lucky nation is in PU/a vassal of a player. I am not sure if that is possible for a nation that is not independent to be lucky but in this setup its likely that Lithuania and Hungary could be lucky and in PU. Other than that lucky nation = stronger nation = harder to conquer.

And both Ottomans and Russia are hard to ally for any potential player nation due to their position and religion. We could perhaps add a "no alliances with lucky nations" rule to the game to make sure.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Im thinking of starting a new game in two weeks 28-30 March. What about you guys, can you be there?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
"They're", you talking as if you owned the pair yet you have no claim!

Krash

Arcane
I wouldn't mind playing France, but Poland or Sweden would be fun as well.

I hope everyone's learnt their lesson about letting other players blob unhindered. ;)

Also, I'd suggest a predetermined end date (1600, 1650?)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wanna be Aragon if possible.

I strongly suggest not to pick a nation that was historically incorporated in another and borders two of the starting great powers if you are a new player. But you can pick anything there are no reservations right now really.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I wanna be Aragon if possible.

I strongly suggest not to pick a nation that was historically incorporated in another and borders two of the starting great powers if you are a new player. But you can pick anything there are no reservations right now really.

Myeah, probably a poor choice. I was sort on banking France alliance to pull it through but it was mostly day-dreaming <.<

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Here are my suggestions for player nations with opinion on their difficulty:
1. Portugal - easy,
2. Castille - easy,
3. Aragon- hard,
4. France - medium,
5. England - easy,
6. Burgundy - hard,
7. Savoy/Milan/Venice/Naples - hard/hard/medium/medium,
8. Austria - easy,
9. Bohemia - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players,
10. Brandenburg - hard, super hard if 2+ other HRE players,
11. Denmark - medium, easy if no Sweden,
12. Sweden - medium, easy if no Denmark,
13. Poland - medium,
14. Hungary - hard,
15. Bavaria - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players,
16. Hansa - medium, hard if 2+ other HRE players.
Muscovy/Ottomans - banned for players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom