Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Yet another EU4 MP game

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So as of now the proposals for the next game are:
1. all minors HRE game,
2. normal European game with limits out on Russia/Ottomans,
3. Asian game,
4. Muslim game without Ottomans.

What do you guys think?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'd like to join the new fresh start. Playing as substitute didn't feel all that right.

Renegen

Arcane
Hey I don't play this game mp (because I would get my ass kicked by every power gamer here, you scum) but I always thought a great idea would be a United Nations of sorts. Any change in land has to be accepted by the majority of the players, and if the invader refuses to abide by the resolution they will get their shit kicked in by everyone. It will create the opportunity to play small countries, if only because their votes are as important as anyone else and they'll form a "losers faction" that still has wide influence, people could debate non-stop about what's the fairest peace deals, favors would be traded meaning more of the policking would take place at the peace table and less on the battlefield, the "winner" would not necessarily be the strongest country but the sneakiest one and finally it would create an easy and satisfying end-game scenario.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Renegen join the game.

If you new that is still fine i mean my first online game of EU4 i keep losing my army to stupid mistakes and i still manged to take most of Italy (FUCK YOU ARAGORN!!!) We run some gentleman's agreements when we play. Most of us never powergame the system only a few are that kind of crazy and i am all for banning that kind of behavior.

Krash

Arcane
Sorry guise I can't join this one, I've got too much work outside of work to do. I might join next weekend if able.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Since we have some time to brainstorm I had this idea for a cramped European game, based on the current game Im in that is progressing very tightly without much blobbing.

So Im thinking following players:
1. Portugal
2. Castille
3. Aragon
4. Venice/Milan/Naples
5. France
6. Austria
7. Burgundy
8. England
9. Poland
10. Denmark
11. Sweden
12. Hansa/Brandenburg/Bohemia/another German minor

And as for rules: difficulty maximum, lucky nations on. The reasoning for this is to force players to interact right away without the build up period and to buff AI enough to be a challenge and to slow the expansion.

kris

Arcane
Lucky nations? Doesn't that just make France, England, austria, Castille + someone else even more overpowered?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lucky nations? Doesn't that just make France, England, austria, Castille + someone else even more overpowered?

Doesnt work on players. With those picks we would get lucky Muscovy and Ottomans for sure and some other AIs. Probably Hungary, Lithuania, Mamluks.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Can I be something in Italy? Like Genoa or Savoy? Or Aragon too.

Also I like Malakal's idea. Especially for an Ottoman or Russian player, this would delay blobbing considerably and force them to do something fun instead.

One problem though, is that AI muscovy would just be a nightmare. And I wouldn't want to be in Sweden's or Poland's shoes.

I am not sure we need 3 Iberians. Portugal is boring and dull as hell anyway, so It could be a good idea to have an Aragon and Castille player instead, having Castille annexing Portugal instead. Aragon is also fairly fun to play.

We could have a human Ottomans player, at the condition that one is ready to take the mameluke and someone else the timurids as well, forming Persia later on. Those guys would feel pretty isolated though.

We could also use a Byzantium player. Helping him early on, or ''hacking'' the save. I find Byzantium much more interesting in the grand European Balance than the Ottomans. This county is fun to play.

12 players is really ideal. This is where things really starts to happen, and there's never a silent moment.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Where's my Scotland?

If England goes and declares war on Scotland instantly and no other player intervenes Scotland is dead. And the only player that could potentially intervene is Castille, which is a natural ally for England. Scotland is barely playable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom