Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Yet another EU4 MP game

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Because had Austria wanted they could have crushed them more than 3 sessions ago. Nothing would have been more easier and fast than a sandwiching with Denmark.
I never touched them, and Sran seems to feel the same way. Where there's 2 big ass powers in the east and south east, one must be massively retarded to start mini European war.

Also, in fact mostly, there's those House rules that prevent you from crippling another player. A war would mean 6 provinces would slip away from Prussia. They would become irrelevant and there would be no point in just not annexing them in a second war.
Remember the butthurt when Austria Integrated Milan (old Italy). You asked that it release them, cancelling years of progress.

From then, its just like Italy, Austria's just as good with a strong, lasting Alliance, together they from the central powers compact.

If Prussia was to turn against Austria that would be pretty low, considering we kept them in artificial support the whole time. I know they wont.

Last edited:

Krash

Arcane
There's no rule that says you cant cripple another player, but i don't think it would be looked upon kindly.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
QW0106f.png

I mean, this game lasted longer than I expected - semester is starting to get crazy so I may have to back out now.

Give me the Netherlands and I'll peace out.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
I mean, this game lasted longer than I expected - semester is starting to get crazy so I may have to back out now.

Give me the Netherlands and I'll peace out.

Let's play in style, lets siege for a while
Burgundy can wait we're only watching the coastline
Hoping for the best but expecting boats
Are you going to jump ship or not?
Let us stay France and we will play forever
We don't yet have mad troops but never say never
Sitting on a goldmine, Austria is a short trip
The upgrade's for our big marine
Can you imagine when this race is won
Turn our blue faceplates into the sun
Praising Paradox we're getting in tune
The music's playing in a Phonautograph

Forever France, I don't want to be forever France
Do you really want to play forever, forever forever
Do you really want to play forever
Forever France

Burgundy is all-inning, Austria is a creep
Castile are depots and Denmark has a fleet
Sooner or later they will all be gone
Why don't they stay France?
It's so hard to get some space without some cheese
I don't want to perish like a roman minor
Youth is like diamond on the ladder
And diamonds are forever
So many quick wars couldn't happen today
So many games that we forgot to play
So many troops are coming out of our land
We let them come to you

Forever France, I will be forever

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, there is something wrong with late game wars in EU4. And with overall huge empires being too huge.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honestly I kinda lost the enjoyment I had from our sessions. What do you guys think about starting a new game soon?

Honestly I kinda lost the enjoyment I had from our sessions. What do you guys think about starting a new game soon?
I was thinking the same thing.
don't you have lawyer school????
Well, if we take like... two months off and then start a new game when I get back, that'd be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

But yeah, shit's starting to get real at lawyer school. Have journal tryouts, oral arguments, brief due, and then prepping for finals. I may be MIA for awhile...

In fact, I should probably be working on shit right now.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Yes, there is something wrong with late game wars in EU4. And with overall huge empires being too huge.
Can't wait for Vicky 3 :M

But that's even worse! Unless you have jingoism you can't add more wargoals than your initial, and it's only 1 wargoal per war, for the whole alliance. I fought WW1 as france, invaded England, defeated Prussia, only for for a small piece of turkish land, which is ridiculous considering how freaking disastrous it should have been for England to get invaded by it's old nemesis. Worse is when your ally suddenly gets to become the leader of the war because he got +1 industry, and decides to peace on his terms, for his own shitty region.

Paradox will never, ever introduce mechanism like peace conference, debates amongst allies and enemies, complex peace terms : yearly war reparations, demilitarisation, disbanding of the fleet, complete dismantling of the whole Empire... At best they add 2 lines of code to the AI and improve graphics.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Can't wait for Vicky 3 :M

But that's even worse! Unless you have jingoism you can't add more wargoals than your initial, and it's only 1 wargoal per war, for the whole alliance. I fought WW1 as france, invaded England, defeated Prussia, only for for a small piece of turkish land, which is ridiculous considering how freaking disastrous it should have been for England to get invaded by it's old nemesis. Worse is when your ally suddenly gets to become the leader of the war because he got +1 industry, and decides to peace on his terms, for his own shitty region.

Paradox will never, ever introduce mechanism like peace conference, debates amongst allies and enemies, complex peace terms : yearly war reparations, demilitarisation, disbanding of the fleet, complete dismantling of the whole Empire... At best they add 2 lines of code to the AI and improve graphics.
why do you assume v3 will have the same problems as v2?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Was it even considered a problem? I haven't heard anyone complaining about it. They didn't fix anything in ck2, didn't fix anything in EU4, why should they fix it in Vicky. They just don't understand the concept of decisive wars and major consequences. The only case when something interesting happens are the succession wars in CK2 or EU4.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
And it hasn't fixed anything in our case. What happened in our world war 8? Ottoman lost a weak vassal, that's it. No one's gonna play by the house rules if they imply you dismantling half of your empire after a huge coalition/crusade got the better of you.
Why even play the 4 if you can house rule out of everything. It's like those retards speaking of self control with the archer levy in ck2.
Instead of constant begging, ban threatening, idiotic bartering in a chat, a peace conference mechanism would just work better, with realistic peace terms and warscore.
Not to mention the annying merc spam that we had to deal with, but that's another story. I can't even imagine how cutting russia's size would work out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom