Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Aurora Community Game

Hellraiser

Arcane
Bro GarfunkeL, to cut down on the time you spend on screenshotting information, will you upload the most up to date copy of your game folder/database (with our factions passworded of course) to github or similar like Random Word did in his thread?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/aurora-rebirth.94245/

Then we could design shit and look up numbers on our end only sending you already the exact designs or orders. There would be no need to do a billion screenshots for each of us.

God damn it, why has noone tried to make a sane clone of this with decent multiplayer support...

All these useless fuckers keep making 4X games without meaningful moons and random small space rocks!

I just noticed it was 4 years since CoC. :decline:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Papa knows best so 10k tech for me then. And yeah, I'd rather have GarfunkeL gib screenshots the good old way so I can see what's what and arbitrarily order vague projects without having to actually do any hard work myself. It's not too sloggy with trusty old Irfan, I still use it for LPs.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Then Garfunkel goes for his yearly summer travel to waste his Northerner Welfare Benefits Bucks with some Thai whore and the thread dies.
That's actually surprisingly accurate depiction of my life :D

I was thinking of uploading the DB but since everyone isn't happy with it, it'll be less of an hassle for me to not have to put in passwords for each faction and just screenshot relevant windows, since I would have to do the screenshots anyway for luddites like Kalin.

Hellraiser

Arcane
:deathclaw:

Well ok, if the others want to be spaceship-launching-into-the-sun-lets-integrate-with-cavemen-and-abandon-all-tech-luddites I cannot do much to convince them otherwise, they would probably need clay tablets with pictogram writing to explain it to them. Do we need to give you anything else before we can start? Faction names and name pools IIRC.

Empire name: Omniventures Inc.

Empire theme: Israel

Main commander names 60% Jewish, 10% American, 10% Ferengi, 10% German, 10% Russian.

A pity there is no biblical theme, I would pick that.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Alternatively, we could always let Hellraiser alone view his faction through that technomajical contraption thingy.

List of names and themes is in OP in old thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/aurora-the-clash-of-cultures-year-13-over.79236/

Dunno if still relevant but if it is, here's mine:

Empire name: American Republic
Empire theme: United States
Commander names: 50% United Kingdom, 20% Canada, 10% Norse, 10% Boer, 10% Australia

(Still possible to change empire name later in the game right?)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Empire Name: Unitech AeroSpace Corporation

Empire Theme: United Kingdom (no Corporate theme, so we're going Anglo for this one)

Commander Names: 15% English, 15% Spanish, 15% German, 15% French, 10% Italian , 10% Chinese, 10% Korean, 10% Japanese (we're an Euro-Asian conglomerate against the soulles Hebrews!)

Hellraiser

Arcane
I still haven't decided on what theme I'm gonna go with. What celestial bodies are left for me to claim?

Luna, Io, Callisto and Titan

Luna is in spitting distance of Earth, Io or Callisto would mean you would be the third player with a holding around Jupiter (me and tindrli being the other two), Titan is just far and can't reach colony cost 0 because of that.

tindrli

Arcane
Until not decide differently IS there a Balkan Empire theme? cant find it
Empire name: Balkan Federation
Empire theme: Animal
Commander names: Animal

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:lol:

Btw GarfunkeL do you reckon we could ditch the joint command house rule? Felt like it created a lot of work, and in retrospect it might be better to keep ground combat mechanics the way they are. It will encourage us to focus more on PDCs and ships. Ground combat will still be possible, too, but it will requrie proper investment no doubt, and mostly happen on contested bodies whose populations are easier to subdue.

Also on that note, do you think you could let players know when other factions build PDCs on jointly settled bodies like Earth? No need for Snowden-tier leaks, but some general news that big secret military construction is going on would help out a lot. Maybe a yearly "intelligence estimate" or something, I don't know what would work for you. Like last game though I had 20 meson cannons and I don't think anyone even knew that when I fried JagreenLern's PDCs. Similarly, I'm pretty sure Hellraiser didn't actually have any Shoah missiles and that his great nuclear complex was just a shoddy hoax bunker. :D

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, we'll keep ground combat rules the way they are in Aurora. That means that ground war alliances are pointless and for any invasion, you better outnumber the defender (or out-tech them) by significant margin.

PDC's won't be visible unless an active sensor scans them. I know that the argument can be made that any construction on Earth cannot be kept secret, but one of the beauties of PDCs is that they can achieve total surprise.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Please read any and all news of the Nuntius Romanus in the following style:

Ave Imperator!

Let it be known that the Son of Divine, Imperator, Augustus, Pontifex Maximus, our beloved Historicus Caesar, and the Senate do not give heed to the calls of Senator Cato Tertius that Omniventures delenda est. Though it is recognised that the semitic nature of the hypercorporation is akin to that of the Poeni of ancient Carthago, the Augustus commands that all mockery of the Omniventurians and their one god should be kept to an appropriate minimum.

In unrelated news, the Tribunes Nauticales have despatched the Classis Levantica to a series of excercises off the shores of Iudaea. The mighty armada, centred around the supercarrier Vespasian shall closely cooperate with our foederati in the region, for the safety of all.

By decree of the Son of Divine, Imperator, Augustus, Pontifex Maximus, our beloved Historicus Caesar, and the Senate and People of Rome, the practices of the Unitech AeroSpace Corporation have been recognised as legitimate and wholesome worship of Dis Pater and Pluto.

Let it be known, that when approached for comment, Legate Negatus Verus again denied the existance of the rumoured Kohortes Nigri among our glorious Legions. The good Legate found the idea of a "doomslayer program" particularly ridiculous.

Ave Imperator!

(just wait till I come up with a jab at the 'murricans)

tindrli

Arcane
when do we start. and what should i read and learn to be able to play it at least to put some resistance?
can any bro provide me with necessary links

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Alright, I've got a theme, and I'll start out with a colony on Io.

Empire Name: Unified Kingdoms of Khem
Empire Theme: Egyptian
Commander Names: Egyptian 60%, Ancient Greek 40%

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Alrite GarfunkeL listen up bro, it's time to grab a bunch of beers and get those stinky dicks off your shoulders. This thread so far? Low-effort, low-life and low-energy. What with that lazy-ass pitch in the OP I'm surprised people even signed up. But they did, and this is proofs. Proofs that everyone can feel the power and incline of Aurora Community Game, despite your slacking off with degenerate shit like MMOs and frickin discord.

You're deep in that shit. I get it. But when the going gets tough, you need to roll out the big potatoes. What we need is a new thread with some intel for retards like tindrli in the OP, links to the old games, some backstory or whatever. A cool pic even! The snazzy shit.

Community games - they're serious business. Beautiful, awesome things, worthy of respect.

The time is now: be the gamemaster you were meant to be! All the cool shit you imagined? Itz gonna happen.

Show those fuckers what's up! Make this thing even better than Game 2.

Make it the best goddamn Aurora game ever!

tindrli

Arcane
yeaaaaaah. let me kill my self in documentation!!!

btw i think i saw and studied 2 old threads( master level work) bros. im realy scared that im not up to it. but ill. still try.. still im trying to figure out how does that order send goes. do you have any template or you just writte him what to do. i just need to see example of it.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
yeaaaaaah. let me kill my self in documentation!!!

btw i think i saw and studied 2 old threads( master level work) bros. im realy scared that im not up to it. but ill. still try.. still im trying to figure out how does that order send goes. do you have any template or you just writte him what to do. i just need to see example of it.

Just write what to do. For Random Word apparently I also used a google spreadsheet with my build order that calculated expected ETA on research and construction.

Here's more or less what I wrote in one of the PMs with some stuff redacted, GarfunkeL probably prefers it less autistic than this.

orders said:
Ship Orders

Either way if those ships aren't yet set to do so have Obisidian set to survey the nearest planet or moon. Set the other one (survey ship) to scan nearest target, that way it will scan over all the planetoids Obsidian ignores.

Ship Construction

Build me three Clippers (freighters).

Construction Orders

First get me automines x20 built from scratch, that is the priority. After those finish follow the plan below distributing my industrial might on the following 3 queues:

Automines x30(60%)>Mass driver x3(60%)>infrastructure x500(60%)
Covert CI to ordnance factoryx50(30%)>Convert CI to fuel refineryx50(30%)
military academy x1(10%)>research lab(10%)

Hell if I know when all that will be done, but the 20 automines must be done ASAP. The TN minerals must flow.

Ground Units

Suspend all training of GUs until further notice, gotta save that neutronium until I find a nice deposit. Also I'll probably get me some assault powah ahmah from [redacted] whenever [redacted] research is done.

Research

Once the current research is done design and research every component needed so that I can build missile cruisers. Whatever is best with the current technology I have, unless I really lack proper sensors to be able to shoot anything. If that is the case then tell me so.

Espionage

Order my only team to [redacted].

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom