Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Year 2001's favorite builder game of mine, Tropico

Master

Arbiter
Of course it's easy to win, when you "played on a ridiculously small map with about 8% difficulty". Loads of micromanagement? Why complain then?:smug: There's actually almost no micromanagement at all in Tropico.
Sorry bro but it's just not that kind of game. Approach it with a different mindset, and if you can't then you're just not cut out for a dictator president.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Oh look, fake news, baiting an no citation, what a surprise. Face it, you're just not cut out to be a non-obvious troll. Maybe try rpgwatch?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Sure you quoted me. You mentioned one of the three games I played. How obvious of you. Citation? Yes, that one you'll continually fail to supply.

Master

Arbiter
At the moment though, all this is just nitpicks in the grand scheme of things as I'm still really liking the game. I'm still tempted to go for a 960% difficulty map at some point and I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a % is too much of a % . Also loving the music, the building, the animations, the economy, the political simulation and the humour. But, wow, why oh why are so many devs completely incapable of putting micromanagement into their micromanagement games! Some shit is just such a no-brainer!!!!!!...
Definitely try higher difficulties. But the whining about putting more micromanagement doesnt make sense. Havent you played any Tycoon games, Rollercoaster etc? Unless im mistaken not being able to directly issue orders is basically what separates these games from the rest... Especially Tropico. There is management in the game but not micro management and, why would you want more of that shit? You would basically remove the "game" if you could just direct everyone wherever. Seems pretty obvious, unless...?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I did try higher difficulties, it says so right in the posts you initially quoted. Are you retarded or something?

& are you ever going to citation any of your horseshit? I'm aware that a lot of games persist with this retarded idea that the obnoxious 'people walking' mechanics are in some way an incline to the builder/manager genre, but I've no idea where you got this idea that that was the sole point of tropico.

The sole point of tropico was/is as a politico economic simulator, managing people's footfall and timeliness to get to work has fuck all to do with that.

Master

Arbiter
That's right, managing the people not micromanaging them. I don't know what kind of citation you except, since it's pretty obvious what this subgenre is about. You seem to not like that/are pretty bad at it, and want to remove it. If so, you may be possibly retarded. Tropico is basically "staying in power" simulator, and considering that I don't see how more micro shit would improve it... What, adding inventories to every individual citizen? Besides, your main enemy is the people, so wouldn't it be strange if you could order them around directly? Then wtf is the game?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
You really are stretching now aren't you... entering the realms of pure gibberish mixed with random hyperbole and seasoned with a dash of desperate bait.

Master

Arbiter
I understand. This was possibly the first time you encountered something requiring abstract thinking. You couldn't simply direct the peasant to his work station. This hurted your brain a little. It's okay. We cannot all be Ubermenschen after all. Perhaps you should try some browser games, Farmville etc. The Sims?

Master

Arbiter
It still does, all over you. I guess i drank a lot of fluids today.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Well, what a fascinating contribution to the thread your thirst has generated. Why, it's almost retardo level.

Master

Arbiter
How? I was just saying you misinterpreted the game

Dude, I stopped playing this game ages ago... It appears to be another one of those games where the main frustration is watching little sprites wander around doing fuck all with no means to micromanage them other than unintended attempts at workarounds that might or might not work, your movement might vary kind of nonsense. It's quite fun, but lacks replayability because although there are lots of buildings, most of them are fairly pointless, even in a 50 year game.

Youre approaching it the wrong way. Practice some more and one day you too can be a president, like me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom