Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ulm staled 2 turns in a row because llama ignored my emails for some reason :negative:

mondblut

Arcane
This makes sense.

NFZpw4k.jpg

How does this shit even work? I mean, if availability of formations does not depend on leadership, what it depends on and where can I see it? Even crown of command doesn't unlock it for those who don't have it.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well in previous Dominions games(correct me if I'm wrong), Crown of Command etc. didn't boost the "Can lead X number Squads at +Y morale" tag. It just increased the total amount your commander could lead.

In Dominions5, in order to do complex formations, your leader now has to have a BASE command level capable of leading three squads(80+). So, because my Shah has a base command of 60, which doesn't allow three squads, and thus doesn't allow complex formations, the unique crown anointing him King of Kings is....kinda shit(blah blah fanaticism, but I can have tons of H2 priests, who cares.). Dude was supposed to lead my flying hordes into the mid-game with formation trickery.

"I am King of Kings, deemed worthy by the divine Magi to protect and gain power from the sacred land under our very feet, your Shahanshah! Now, if you could all just get in line please?"

"Naahhhhhhh"

Reinhardt

Arcane
And Vanheim isn't listed on the page lol - who's playing them?
It's me. I checked the island with sailing scout two turns beforehand and so I was sure to see no one but indies. Sorry for this battle - I didn't want to attack you.

Meanwhile, the great volvas of Midgard explore the diving world and gather the knowledge. Below is a great masterpiece created by them.

I was sure he is a video games blogger but then I checked his channel :shredder:

Just once clicked on this video and now all my jewtube feed consists of dominions videos.:argh:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu, did you set Impossible AI for this game? Have you ever played against Impossible AI in Dom5?

Yeah. It gets a shitton of free Pretender Points at creation and a shitton of extra resources and gold and gems an' shit.

It's that bad? AI is still dumb as a bag of bricks from my SP tests.

Grif

Learned
Btw, can we set the timer to 48 hours now? Might be getting a little hectic down here on this end, and it'll be good to have some flexibility on when to do my turns.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sure am glad I didn't march down into Patala and start attacking them. Have yet to receive the courtesy call, "Your nation filled with infidels will surely die, we declare war" etc.

I'll let Grimwulf handle this. :positive:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Have you people never heard of euthanasia? Please, someone kill me already! I love a good last stand but waiting for someone to get around to killing me tempts me to go AI :)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Have you people never heard of euthanasia? Please, someone kill me already! I love a good last stand but waiting for someone to get around to killing me tempts me to go AI :)

You had your chance. Now I'm forced to domkill you, and prepare Atlantis the best to be an unholy horror when I go AI.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Patala is going to destroy the world, we must stop the AI or it will kill us all.

mondblut

Arcane
The last couple of pages is some kind of Dominions 6: Summer of Love.

I want "comply with my outrageous demands or I take my toys and quit playing" drama back :negative:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Patala going AI against Grimwulf who completely dominates them otherwise, is somewhat interesting because Grimwulf is already in a dominant position and he has some chance of winning ... and staying busy before he conquers the rest of us...

But I hope nobody else goes AI because it will really throw this game to the dogs tbh if they do, with impossible AI it's like... I don't really find it fun playing against meat-tsunami tactics of the AI

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Now selling complete map of east side plus north/south bits for 50GP. :takemymoney:

Edit: and a little bit of Atlantis/Lemuria/Arco/Midgard

Also, Erythea back from the grave, looks to take most of the water. :salute:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
uhm why did I do what? I still haven't seen the new turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom