Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
22b906b1-0f13-4811-936c-09dfc6e87049
QSUcJM0.jpg

thinking.png

Grif

Learned
Requesting 24hr extension. Dec22 shouldnt need any, and I think 23 just ticked, so thay should be safe as well.

Will tend to PMs tomorrow.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So, LucidTactics. You would rather sacrifice blood boosters in a suicidal attack, but never trade them with me?

BCXxUu0.jpg

Grimwulf will remember this.

Jokes aside, you've lost an empowered Kohen Gadol. What was the idea? Bringing S2B5 with no slaves to fight vampires - I don't get it. Your guys were scripted to cast Body Ethereal, but Vampire's attacks are magical. If you simply wanted to dump sqeecoo's game, I'll send you my best bottle of vodka as sincere gratitude.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Meanwhile, in the other game I'm subbing for sqeecoo, things are getting.....messy. To be fair I'm glad it was Agartha, the steamroller nation, and not some nation that leans heavily on thugs/teleportation/etc. shenanigans. I've just been grabbing blobs of summons and clicking the next province over. :smug:
iEjodut.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Meanwhile UNDERWATER

DtGuwyy.jpg

Will Grandpa Earth manage to reach ONE THOUSAND kills? Will Mage support manage to kill him off at last? Will poor old Dayyalu find the ideas for more frogposting?

Who the fuck knows. And that battle was incredily lucky on my side, and most of the mage losses I bet came from the botched Dom5 retreat rules.

Also, KoolNoodles , that image is making me doubt that I am playing Sceleria right in Dec20. Holy fuck that's a shitton of scattered skellitons, how the guy manages not to get insane with micro

EDIT: Also, that Blood Mage loss is a war crime. How the fucking fuck

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This world will NOT turn into a horror-drenched cesspool of blood magic. Man will protect the pure and the innocent.

GATH, we hereby declare an ETERNAL HOLY CRUSADE upon your unholy nation! As long as at least one man of Man breathes, our nations will be at WAR! LucidTactics sqeecoo

ABYSIA, prepare to face our wrath, for the Holy Army of Man is marching towards your borders as we speak! In three turn's time the world shall witness our victory. coldcrow

XIBALB-- forget it. :lol:

Yes, I'm bitter that all of you refused to sell me blood boosters.

LucidTactics

Literate
So, LucidTactics. You would rather sacrifice blood boosters in a suicidal attack, but never trade them with me?

BCXxUu0.jpg

Grimwulf will remember this.

Jokes aside, you've lost an empowered Kohen Gadol. What was the idea? Bringing S2B5 with no slaves to fight vampires - I don't get it. Your guys were scripted to cast Body Ethereal, but Vampire's attacks are magical. If you simply wanted to dump sqeecoo's game, I'll send you my best bottle of vodka as sincere gratitude.
Eh it seems iron warriors didnt go off. Kinda annoying.

LucidTactics

Literate
This world will NOT turn into a horror-drenched cesspool of blood magic. Man will protect the pure and the innocent.

GATH, we hereby declare an ETERNAL HOLY CRUSADE upon your unholy nation! As long as at least one man of Man breathes, our nations will be at WAR! LucidTactics sqeecoo

ABYSIA, prepare to face our wrath, for the Holy Army of Man is marching towards your borders as we speak! In three turn's time the world shall witness our victory. coldcrow

XIBALB-- forget it. :lol:

Yes, I'm bitter that all of you refused to sell me blood boosters.
And how are you going to conduct this unholy war? Are you going to buy a ship?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Are you going to buy a ship?

Don't give him ideas. Just read, rate and prepare yourself.

Sometimes you're playing a game where Grimwulf isn't even present. Do you think such lousy limitations as "not being part of this game" stop him? Ask Muty.

He said war, I'm inclined to say you'll get war.

edit:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Mam Lum!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...

:argh:

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Eh it seems iron warriors didnt go off. Kinda annoying.

Iron Warriors. Alt 5, gives prot 20. Earth 2. HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT GOING TO HELP AGAINST LIFE-DRAINING VAMPIRES?

I am on drugs.

Here Dayyālu, I found an Icelandic kitchen frog and thought of you:

THE FROG

IS THE LAW

THE LAW

And how are you going to conduct this unholy war? Are you going to buy a ship?

Life will find a way. An UW way. Oh gosh.

LucidTactics

Literate
If iron warriors went off, he would have been fine - he had armor and a shield, vamps wouldnt do much. But it was lazy scripting - sry squee

Dayyālu

Arcane
If iron warriors went off, he would have been fine - he had armor and a shield, vamps wouldnt do much. But it was lazy scripting - sry squee

:?

Vampires are armour piercing and that thing had an...what, Blood Thorn? Even with Iron Warriors the Vamps would have eaten him alive easily. 13 prot instead of 7 prot, impressive.

Plus flying, no chance to buff.

mNIHnw1.jpg

Tested with Debug Mod, and I gave the Giant time to self-buff. He has no chance of victory, regardless of bless. Again, what the fucking fuck.

LucidTactics

Literate
Life is too short to act like a tool - relax

If the buff script went off he would have won the battle - i just tested it.
Picture: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qJ3VuykJmxhaIAlFSCCsHUxy7fimG62U
The 2 debug sensais were scripted like my other guys to cast regeneration and iron warriors then retreat. The kohen just did astral shield body ethereal attack.

Of course it didnt because they are flying and for some reason i thought they were on hold and attack rear or was temporarily mentally handicapped.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
sqeecoo Since this is really now a sqeecoo sub thread, here's the results of a couple of turns later. Also Sceleria is coming for us. I hope you get back in time to win the game yourself. :lol:

YegXZJX.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Also, KoolNoodles , that image is making me doubt that I am playing Sceleria right in Dec20. Holy fuck that's a shitton of scattered skellitons, how the guy manages not to get insane with micro

The guy playing Sceleria there is our new friend Lucid! From what I understand, top-notch scales, forts EVERYWHERE, lotsa cultists perhaps at the expense of mages.

Glad to see you doing well, KN. THE TIDE OF LIVING MERCURY CANNOT BE STOPPED. And prot-buffed magma children are funny against skellyspam.
I'm really sorry I left you with those huge wars just beginning. Go ahead and kick Sceleria's ass for me :)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ahh, so I can ask for opinions.

I don't know if it's worthwile to ditch Thaumaturgs to pump hordes of skellintons, Cultists are fine but in the end it's a somewhat limited advantage on the long run (6 skellies par turn VS 5 skellies par turn, and a Thaumaturg has worthwile offensive power if properly deployed). Scale build is necessary for Sceleria, yeah.

That said, I have then a couple of questions for LucidTactics :

1) What the fuck do you use as skeleton ferry? Thaumaturgs can do it, but they are atrociously slow and quick redeployment is too advantageous to lose. The cheapest option seems to be Mound King+thatdiseaseUndeadCommandthingIforgotthenameof.

2) As Counter-thugging, considering that Sceleria is a S\D nation, better to focus on Golems or Bane Lords?

3) How to deal with UW priests in solid numbers? Friendly Currents + Antimagic? It's the only thing that somewhat works, I saw. Antimagic and Protection of the Sepulcre do not stack, right?

4) How the heck you don't go insane with all those skeleton stacks :lol:?

LucidTactics

Literate
I had played scelaria once before in dom 4 in MP. I think they are quite possibly the strongest nation in dominions 5 - though before turn 30 - while they can hold their own against lots of the more nasty bless combos; if they get rushed by multiple players or some very cancerous meme bless they can of course lose. The game you guys are looking at above is not an optimal build. I'm in another game with a build I think would be much much better - though we will see how it plays out.

1. IMO - undead commandx4 is required - then you can use expendable priests ferrying undead around. In absensce of that, your thaumaturgs actually can hold a large number of troops, and any time you have >200 skelletons, you are going to want a few mages in the back lines throwing some spells out anyways and 4 thaumaturgs can carry 240 troops - thats a good number to add to your other ferry units. If you pack big communions for a big battle; you dont even need troop ferries. If you dont take Undead command, you end up not scaling up skelly production once you are at about 600-800/turn. Going UW you use mound kings early (though they get wrekt by seeking arrow etc), i've switched to banes for non-mage troop leadership since they handle a lot of the remotes better than mound kings.
2. Well you raid well with your skellies, though its not hard to design a thug that can stop 200 skellies. To counter that, you can throw in small mage communions behind them - that will kill anything that could 'efficiently' kill 200 skellies. You can mind hunt. You can make bane lords or golems - golems are great but you will need the paths on your pretender; something i didnt have in this game - i do in my other game.
3. Well i had to kill a very skilled Ys 1v1 pretty early in that game (nickknight). For a long time i lost all major battles, no matter how many skeletons i brought, but i was winning the economic war and doing lots of raiding. (Hard to have massed anything everywhere) Ultimately i killed Ys when i brought 2k undead + 6 mages with UW gear when he was just expecting 500 skellies. Its hard to always be prepared for the worst case and eventually i caught him.
4. Hotkeys. Blood hunting takes longer tbh :P

*Edit* also that game will be going up on Youtube what ever comes of it :) so you'll get to hear my thoughts in some detail.

LucidTactics

Literate
Also on cultists vs thaumaturgs. Early you want cultists; they take less infrastructure to get up & 2 of them cost 90 gold vs 110 for a thaumaturg & they get another skelly per turn. I dont think thaums of mine have every reanimated- my thaumaturgs are researching or fighting.

Or more recently they are preaching since abysia is blood sacing in every freaking province with purgatory up >.<

Dayyālu

Arcane
I had played scelaria once before in dom 4 in MP. I think they are quite possibly the strongest nation in dominions 5 - though before turn 30 - while they can hold their own against lots of the more nasty bless combos; if they get rushed by multiple players or some very cancerous meme bless they can of course lose. The game you guys are looking at above is not an optimal build. I'm in another game with a build I think would be much much better - though we will see how it plays out.

Yeah, the advantages of Sceleria are on expiration date. And their magical flexibility is truly beyond atrocious. S\D with minor W\A is good, but you get it on slow, oldass mages with limited strategical capability.

1. IMO - undead commandx4 is required - then you can use expendable priests ferrying undead around. In absensce of that, your thaumaturgs actually can hold a large number of troops, and any time you have >200 skelletons, you are going to want a few mages in the back lines throwing some spells out anyways and 4 thaumaturgs can carry 240 troops - thats a good number to add to your other ferry units. If you pack big communions for a big battle; you dont even need troop ferries. If you dont take Undead command, you end up not scaling up skelly production once you are at about 600-800/turn. Going UW you use mound kings early (though they get wrekt by seeking arrow etc), i've switched to banes for non-mage troop leadership since they handle a lot of the remotes better than mound kings.

Eh, first time playing Sceleria, didn't even thought of Undead Command. Dunnow if Thaumaturgs are the optimal choice for leaders, though, they are so slow. Having 20-22 map movement is a godsend sometimes, you can run huge armies through everything.

3. Well i had to kill a very skilled Ys 1v1 pretty early in that game (nickknight). For a long time i lost all major battles, no matter how many skeletons i brought, but i was winning the economic war and doing lots of raiding. (Hard to have massed anything everywhere) Ultimately i killed Ys when i brought 2k undead + 6 mages with UW gear when he was just expecting 500 skellies. Its hard to always be prepared for the worst case and eventually i caught him.

Just 6 mages on a major battle? I'm mightily curious. Without Friendly Currents skeletons UW are completely useless if not as short-lived blockers,. What script did you use?

4. Hotkeys. Blood hunting takes longer tbh :P

There's a reason I don't play Blood nations :lol::lol::lol:

*Edit* also that game will be going up on Youtube what ever comes of it :) so you'll get to hear my thoughts in some detail.

Watching video Dominions LPs would be the ultimate irony :lol::lol::lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom