Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 2

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Is this any good?

I've never played a Xenoblade game before. It looks very animish/sterotypical jRPG.

Playing the Torna DLC which came out a few months ago.

I like the combat system, but the extreme animu shit and 100% railroading are really offputting.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i've seen screenshots of it and it actually looks worse (graphically) than XBC "X" spinoff on Wii U.

(Which, btw, can be emulated right now and played up to 4k res)

i've seen screenshots of it and it actually looks worse (graphically) than XBC "X" spinoff on Wii U.

(Which, btw, can be emulated right now and played up to 4k res)

This game running on portable mode on an actual Switch is the most prosper shit I've seen in years. I think it goes down to 300p or something, and they apply a truly awful sharpening filter to try to mask the upscaling artifacts which make it 100% worse. Truly fucking awful.

On docked mode the sharpening filter is less aggressive and the resolution isn't nearly as bad, but it never looks great. Can't really say what went wrong with this one, probably a rushed job to fill that crucial launch window.

I'm sure the devs look at Breath of the Wild running on portable mode flawlessly and at full resolution and cry into their pillows every night.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah using sharpening is godlike, but if you use it to cover up low resolution it starts looking shitter and shittier the lower the resolution.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck I have this in my collection since launch and haven't even started it yet. Same with Octopath Traveler. I really need to start XBC 2 soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom